New Nosound album "Allow Yourself" (5.1 FLAC files with Burning Shed preorder)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giancarlo, Happy New Year! I'd like to ask you a question, if I may: why starting a solo career now, after having reached a peak with Nosound and your latest shift in style? Will your solo effort continue in the same way as your last album or do you want to go for something completely different?
Thanks!

Giancarlo, Happy New Year! I'd like to ask you a question, if I may: why starting a solo career now, after having reached a peak with Nosound and your latest shift in style? Will your solo effort continue in the same way as your last album or do you want to go for something completely different?
Thanks!

The peak of Nosound and the change of direction is exactly why also the solo is arriving now...is a maturity I feel I'm reaching and will keep to aim as a composer and musician. Nosound is my singer/songwriter side of things, made for and with a band, it can change and shift in forms but that's about songs and lyrics.

My solo album instead is gonna be completely different, first of all because is not for a band, is not about songs, there's no vocals (!), and it's my composer side emerging..once you drop vocals your palette expands immediately, you're not linked or perceived anymore as a song, and all sort of things start happening.

As someone said, is me writing and you can hear it (and I always get it as a compliment), but is something completely different, and the shift in Nosound is what also gave me the feeling I should finally start this other part of my career that for too long remained hidden or 'forced' to stay in Nosound instead of remaining in its original nature.

The peak of Nosound and the change of direction is exactly why also the solo is arriving now...is a maturity I feel I'm reaching and will keep to aim as a composer and musician. Nosound is my singer/songwriter side of things, made for and with a band, it can change and shift in forms but that's about songs and lyrics.

My solo album instead is gonna be completely different, first of all because is not for a band, is not about songs, there's no vocals (!), and it's my composer side emerging..once you drop vocals your palette expands immediately, you're not linked or perceived anymore as a song, and all sort of things start happening.

As someone said, is me writing and you can hear it (and I always get it as a compliment), but is something completely different, and the shift in Nosound is what also gave me the feeling I should finally start this other part of my career that for too long remained hidden or 'forced' to stay in Nosound instead of remaining in its original nature.
Thanks for the reply! Your vocal style is very particular and is, from my point of view, an indivisible component of Nosound's sound. It well may be a very wise step to strip down vocals if, solo, you want to really evolve further from Nosound.
I must confess I admire you all musicians a lot when you dare to go into innovative paths and do not limit yourselves to give us fans more of the same (that we are supposed to like).
Looking forward to more news about your album this year.

None of that, it would be just weird :p
It's visual, electronic, contemporary, played, and yet is my solo album that was made with piano and string quartet...but is me alone :cool:

Challenging myself and the audience, and what people expects, that's where real creativity is instead of repeating. Re-learning how and what to perform, and turning upside down what you thought was the only way to play some kind of music.

@nosound , Giancarlo, all good? I don't do social networks anymore and was just wondering what happened to Nosound or your solo career, you're really missed!
Playing now Sol29 to bookend in a good way a shitty day
I talked to Giancarlo a few weeks ago, new music is being written for Nosound and bits of recording are taking place, but he is really busy with other non-music projects. If he gets time I'm sure he'll post!

@nosound , Giancarlo, all good? I don't do social networks anymore and was just wondering what happened to Nosound or your solo career, you're really missed!
Playing now Sol29 to bookend in a good way a shitty day
Hi Cesar,

Here is all good...always chasing creative endeavours, planning the next Nosound return in the UK, as Duncan said, recording pieces of music and there and deciding when to release them. I'm sorry you had a shitty day, but always happy if my music can somehow help in those moments :)

Funny enough, I have a solo EP ready, a Nosound album basically ready just missing some lyrics, and a Nosound quite special track that will be released soon on all streaming platform... ;-)

Hi Cesar,

Here is all good...always chasing creative endeavours, planning the next Nosound return in the UK, as Duncan said, recording pieces of music and there and deciding when to release them. I'm sorry you had a shitty day, but always happy if my music can somehow help in those moments :)

Funny enough, I have a solo EP ready, a Nosound album basically ready just missing some lyrics, and a Nosound quite special track that will be released soon on all streaming platform... ;-)
Hi, good to hear from you again! And even more glad to see that new solo and group music is almost ready to be released. Looking forward to it in 2024, definitely.
If I may ask, which direction is Nousond music taking this time?
Music and reading always sooth me. Yesterday it was a combination of "The name of the Rose" and Sol29. Kind of a weird combination of Italian creators, isn't it?
Thanks much for replying, wishing you the best for all your endeavours

Back