New Schiller Album - Morgenstund in 5.1 and Dolby Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In your opinion, Mike, would the standalone BD~A/RBCD combo be sufficient [versus springing for the box set]?

Enjoy your game, Sportsfan!
And we won 5 1!!..Yay

That's the release I have Ralph.
I only usually buy these expensive box sets, if that's the only way to get the surround release.
It really is good Ralph.
Soooo cool :cool:

By my reckoning between 5 and 6 mins...sorry couldn't be more precise...enjoying the music too much!!

Thanks. I've been researching more and it looks like the full-length 30+ minutes track with Tangerine Dream on the second CD does not appear on the Blu ray in surround, only the 5 minute edit you reported on. :(

Fully agree withe the King of Beers - discrete 7.1.4 Atmos, with excellent fidelty.

Sounds great!

Contributing artists includes Giorgio Moroder, Nena (99 Luftballons) and several others.

Excellent album, Dreamcatcher sounds like an Alan Parsons Project song.

Last edited:
I received mine today. I'll try to give it a longer listen tonight, but my impression off of the first two songs is positive, but man, I really am having to crank the volume up on the ATMOS mix. Also, I am hearing a few dropouts....particularly later on the blu-ray. This happening to anyone else or do I have a bad disc?

Last edited:
Rite then, this release is a superb Dolby Atmos mix.
If you like cool, ambient music with terrific surround, then this is for you.
The mix is by a Bodo Schulte The Mixfarm Switzerland
http://www.themixfarm.com/about_the_farm.htmlHe has worked extensively with Mr Schiller on various projects and is known for his mixing prowess in certain areas of Europe.
How nice to have another surround mix engineer who understands the art, as opposed to these recent lightweights who masquerade under this genre.
Very pleased to have this gem in my collection. :QQlove

Maybe a dumb question, but is the disc regional? I.e. can we in the US play it?

edit: stormchaser in Kansas played it, so ok -- but which version?

Back