New Steinberg Audio Interfaces - NICE!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I just got an email from Steinberg (Cubase, Wavelab, Neundo) describing their new line of audio interfaces. They are very nice, and very reasonably priced (from what I could tell)

Might be worth checking out for some of you

https://new.steinberg.net/audio-int...m_source=newsletter&utm_term=WQRY5D4-16EO1D1L
Steinberg Interfaces.jpg

With 16 in/16 out you could conceivably connect a Q8, a Q4, a turntable, and a DVD-A/SACD player and permanently leave them connected without ever having to disconnect one to use the other.

Something like the 16x16 is on my to buy list, maybe the end of next year. The thing I want is reliable and supported drivers/software (though not on a subscription - my pet hate), and Steinberg hopefully are ok on reliable/support.

With these audio interfaces they count a lot of non analog stuff. for instance this 16x16 has 8 analog in and out, the other 8 come from ADAT, so you if you want 16 in you'd also need an ADAT interface with analog 8 in.

As I posted in another thread tonight (assuming line it/out is what you want) this is less money and is a 24x24 analog interface AND a standalone 24 channel recorder:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/uTrack24--cymatic-audio-utrack24
The gotcha for that one is you need the 25pin breakout panels or cables, and with that high a channel count over USB, your sample rate will be limited to 48Khz, but you can do 96Khz at 8x8.

Reviews are good but I haven't pulled the trigger myself (yet).

Unless there is a new driver coming soon, it looks like this thing is a bust as an interface. I'll talk to my Sweetwater sales rep tomorrow, but I wouldn't jump on this at this time. More details later.

It's tough to find an interface with 12 or more analog outs. Especially if you want to go beyond 48Khz.

Back