New Surround Master coming! Its a jump to the left and a step to the right

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now it's "Flowers on the wall" by the Stattler Bros and it too sounds grate....
Interested in how you have your computer connected to your SM? I recently listened to a Bill Brent show online just with a cord from my computer’s headphone jack with dual RCA outs at the SM end; and it sounded fabulous! Of course his stuff is QS encoded, but still.

Interested in how you have your computer connected to your SM? I recently listened to a Bill Brent show online just with a cord from my computer’s headphone jack with dual RCA outs at the SM end; and it sounded fabulous! Of course his stuff is QS encoded, but still.
I use a Rotel RT12 for internet radio, FM radio and all other stereo sources:
https://www.rotel.com.au/products/rt-12-tuner

I use a Rotel RT12 for internet radio, FM radio and all other stereo sources:
https://www.rotel.com.au/products/rt-12-tuner
Wow, that’s a sweet piece of gear you lucky dog you! That kind of gear just warms my heart ❤️
Maybe I’m a closet gear head and don’t realize it🤠
You know, I’ve got one of those Zektor switches; and they just have the one input, I could actually use something with up to 4 ins/outs. But don’t want some expensive pre/pro, just not sure 🤔 Any ideas?

Wow, that’s a sweet piece of gear you lucky dog you! That kind of gear just warms my heart ❤
Maybe I’m a closet gear head and don’t realize it🤠
You know, I’ve got one of those Zektor switches; and they just have the one input, I could actually use something with up to 4 ins/outs. But don’t want some expensive pre/pro, just not sure 🤔 Any ideas?
Do you mean something like this:
https://www.amazon.com.au/Avico-Stereo-Audio-Switch-CDS42/dp/B077PN147Calthough I think it only has one input though....

I connect the Rotel's outputs to the SM and use it's FM radio, DAB+ radio, and internet radio. I connect my oppo to the Rotel's Optical in port for all other 2 channel sources (cd, usb etc) :)

Do you mean something like this:
https://www.amazon.com.au/Avico-Stereo-Audio-Switch-CDS42/dp/B077PN147Calthough I think it only has one input though....

I connect the Rotel's outputs to the SM and use it's FM radio, DAB+ radio, and internet radio. I connect my oppo to the Rotel's Optical in port for all other 2 channel sources (cd, usb etc) :)
That's a good option yes thanks, I'm also thinking of hooking up my spare Slim Devices Squeezebox hooked wireless to my computer for playing ripped CDs through the SM. :p
https://www.stereophile.com/digitalprocessors/906slim/index.html

looks very nice (y)

# Pupster's got a squeezebox, Daddy never sleeps at night # (apologies to the Who) :p
One of the coolest devices ever IMO; Logitech later bought them out and came out with various models, including one with a larger display called a Squeezebox Touch ;); but then Logitech dropped the ball big time, and discontinued the line altogether, a real shame!

One of the coolest devices ever IMO; Logitech later bought them out and came out with various models, including one with a larger display called a Squeezebox Touch ;); but then Logitech dropped the ball big time, and discontinued the line altogether, a real shame!

I'm a fanatic for that system. The good news is that Logitech is largely irrelevant: It's really easy to build a box based on a cheap Raspberry Pi that functions as a Squeezebox only even more versatile (e.g., works up to 192kHz with no transcoding). The Pi can run LMS or can connect to another server.

I suspect that may have something to do with Logitech giving up on the system--the software was always open source and even while Logitech was still producing the hardware there were people sharing how to get the same bang for less buck.

@chucky3042 / @Overture - was decoding a QS CD the other day through the SMv2 (4.0 of course) and was thinking, how can I monitor the audio as it decodes out of the SM? :unsure: My signal chain is very simple with this; oppo 103D out -> SMv2 out -> MOTU UltraLite MK4 UBS out -> computer Adobe Audition 3.0.1, and hit record. And no I don't have it set up to listen on my Win. 7 computer with AA3.

I don't have a newer receiver in my Quad room, only the Sansui QRX 8001; so even a future digital out on the SM wouldn't help me. And it doesn't look like there's any room on the back of the Surround Masters to build in extra RCA outs for monitoring.

I'm probably just overlooking something simple with this foggy old brain and it's handicaps etc.

🤔 🤔 🤔

@chucky3042 / @Overture - was decoding a QS CD the other day through the SMv2 (4.0 of course) and was thinking, how can I monitor the audio as it decodes out of the SM? :unsure: My signal chain is very simple with this; oppo 103D out -> SMv2 out -> MOTU UltraLite MK4 UBS out -> computer Adobe Audition 3.0.1, and hit record. And no I don't have it set up to listen on my Win. 7 computer with AA3.

I don't have a newer receiver in my Quad room, only the Sansui QRX 8001; so even a future digital out on the SM wouldn't help me. And it doesn't look like there's any room on the back of the Surround Masters to build in extra RCA outs for monitoring.

I'm probably just overlooking something simple with this foggy old brain and it's handicaps etc.

🤔 🤔 🤔
I'm not Chucky but I do have a question. Why don't you have it set up to listen to on your PC? Very simple with AA & I can record & monitor using that and a Delta 1010 sound card. I'm not familiar with your MOTU but as newer and snazzier than my Delta you should be able to do it.

I'm not Chucky but I do have a question. Why don't you have it set up to listen to on your PC? Very simple with AA & I can record & monitor using that and a Delta 1010 sound card. I'm not familiar with your MOTU but as newer and snazzier than my Delta you should be able to do it.
It's complicated!!! but, I currently have my audio only going to the computer speaker system from my Win. 10 NUC where I do all the editing. I have other issues getting good clean record in to AA3 on the USB NUC (I'm not going to go into that here, as it's the wrong thread.) I tried to find a switcher for the audio cards with their little 3.5mm connectors with no luck either :unsure:

Back