Nick Cave: next 4 in May (Let Love In, Murder Ballads, Boatman's Call, No More Shall)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1679

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Looks like a May release for the next ones in the series of deluxe Nick Cave reissues/remasters. Like the others, they are DTS 5.1 and have lots of bonus tracks etc added.

If you're not familiar with Nick, or are just a casual listener these are probably the 4 to be interested in, the more "commercial" stuff he's done.

I Let Love In
Murder Ballads
The Boatman's Call
And No More Shall We Part

and a bundle of all 4:
http://www.recordstore.co.uk/mutebank/productdetail.jsp?productPK=unittest-VnSutGv1sXwwDExDqN3IEb-13

Looking forward to these. I have all the previous reissues in the series and they sound great.

Hello. Amazon US shows $49.00 per. Interesting listing as IMPORT. I purchased at Amazon UK for around $20 each. Then I saw them at CDWOW.US shows for $17.99 with Free Delivery. These titles should live up to the rest. Thanks.

Hello. Amazon US shows $49.00 per. Interesting listing as IMPORT. I purchased at Amazon UK for around $20 each. Then I saw them at CDWOW.US shows for $17.99 with Free Delivery. These titles should live up to the rest. Thanks.

That price can't be right though, or it's a different edition. The release date doesn't match either. But all the other remasters have been available for about $15.00 in the U.S. I can't see them hiking the price that much for the next wave.

Can't wait to hear Red Right Hand in 5.1!

Yes... finally! Let Love In in surround, designed and directed by his red right hand.

On Amazon US, it looks like the real import -- by the release label, and the price. This is a good thing, actually: my first batch is from EU, 2nd batch is US, and the latter is clearly inferior in packaging. Now I wish I paid a few $ more for the EU version.

Yes... finally! Let Love In in surround, designed and directed by his red right hand.

On Amazon US, it looks like the real import -- by the release label, and the price. This is a good thing, actually: my first batch is from EU, 2nd batch is US, and the latter is clearly inferior in packaging. Now I wish I paid a few $ more for the EU version.

What's the difference? Is the EU version a digipak like the US ones? Just curious. I have the US versions.

Murder Ballads.............................This could be really good..............................if done right.

I guess "Notable DVD Extras" don't extend to any mention of a surround mix.

Exactly. I recall reading a review when the Depeche Mode remasters came out. The reviewer said the bonus disc contains a documentary and a "pointless 5.1 surround version".

I guess that's the one drawback to the CD+DVD package. The average Joe only sees the DVD as a bonus item with video content and not another audio option for the music.

Where are people ordering these from. I amost ordered the wrong ones as I figured there were only going to be cd\dvd's of these but looks like with this batch of 4 they are putting out just remastered cd's as well as the cd\dvd versions.
I have put my order through amazon.uk as I have added it to my order of Caravan and King Crimson Projeckt and then shipping cost isn't that expensive plus amazon.uk drop the VAT charges.

peter

Where are people ordering these from. I amost ordered the wrong ones as I figured there were only going to be cd\dvd's of these but looks like with this batch of 4 they are putting out just remastered cd's as well as the cd\dvd versions.
I have put my order through amazon.uk as I have added it to my order of Caravan and King Crimson Projeckt and then shipping cost isn't that expensive plus amazon.uk drop the VAT charges.

peter

I preordered two of the cd/dvd sets through Amazon.com....hopefully I get what I hoped to get ;)

If you search "nick cave remaster" under Music on Amazon.com, they should pop up first.

This should work:
http://www.amazon.com/Nick-Cave-the-Bad-Seeds/e/B00197I05A/works
Sort by Release Date (on the right near the top) and the first four should be the 2011 remasters.

I am going to wait until someone else buys one and tells me exactly what type of audio is on the DVDs.

This is actually the third wave of the NC remasters. There are already seven titles available. The audio options on the DVD are Dolby 5.1, DTS 5.1 and Stereo. No hi-rez layer, but they sound really good. Cave was in bad need of a remaster. Especially the early albums.

I just received the following two: The Boatman's Call & And No More Shall We Part. I can tell from my first listen of The Boatman's Call that the surround is ambient, not really discrete at all, but I'm still quite pleased. To my ears, it sounds very nice and I didn't own these before...good deal with a pre-order and double disc sets :)

I got all four today. I just listened to the DTS layer on Let Love In. While I do agree most of the previous mixes have been rather ambient, I would say the mix on LLI is slightly more aggressive. Slightly. Also by this point in his career there was a bit more layered sound and hence, more to play with. Some nice guitar fills, organ stabs and backing vocals pop up in the rear channels.

Red Right Hand certainly did not disappoint. The clanging bell decays very slowly as the song shuffles and lurches along. Little organ stabs haunt the rear channels with an occasional percussive explosion. AND THEN...the theramin (or whatever it is) just stretches across the whole room. Delicious!

Back