• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Notable MCH engineers listing

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Just found this page on Elliot Mazer:

Seems he worked on a number of mixes not currently listed starting in 2002. Was it he who did the unreleased mix of Cheap Thrills? It is listed as (remix-SACD).
He did the 5.1 mix of Cheap Thrills, which is more of an ambient/crowd-in-the-rears affair. I don’t think we know who did the unreleased quad.

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
He did the 5.1 mix of Cheap Thrills, which is more of an ambient/crowd-in-the-rears affair. I don’t think we know who did the unreleased quad.
for me there's three main candidates for that Cheap Thrills Quad; Jim Reeves, Larry Keyes, Phil Macy.

Reeves did a lot of early, mostly unreleased mixes, it could be him. if you look through the Robin Reels, Keyes was doing Quads from the outset (Santana, Santana III, Abraxas, Ten Years After) although they did all ultimately see release so this would be an exception if it were him and Phil Macy purely because he did Janis Joplin's Pearl, also in amongst the Robin Reels. i may be barking up entirely the wrong tree(s) but they're my hunches fwiw.

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
for me there's three main candidates for that Cheap Thrills Quad; Jim Reeves, Larry Keyes, Phil Macy.
Sounds about right. TBH I was rather disappointed with the Cheap Thrills quad. My copy appears to have mono rear channels. It’s still a more interesting listen that the SACD though.

Frogmort

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Reaction score
Gentle Giant - Three Piece Suite - Mixed by Steven Wilson. Didn't see it listed.

Also, Steven Wilson is listed for both Opeth - Deliverance and Opeth - Damnation. While Wilson did do the mix for Damnation, Bruce Soord did the mix for Deliverance.

Thanks guys, this is a great additional resource for the site! :)

keywhiz

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Reaction score
Found one missing from the list:

Gus Skinas — Rickie Lee Jones “The Sermon on Exposition Boulevard” SACD