Nothing to see here.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003

:D

To bad it was such a shitty mix :oops:

What!?!?! The mix I created from the multitracks that are floating around the internet was awesome! That's what's going on here.

I had some labels professionally made and re-purposed an old Helen Reddy Q8. To make the album fit, I had to edit down "She's So Heavy", but in my mind, that's no big loss.... sort of how the Fly Like an Eagle Q8 edits down Mercury Blues.

The fellow who made the labels did an excellent job. Sort of the reason I wanted to show it off because it looks legit.

What!?!?! The mix I created from the multitracks that are floating around the internet was awesome! That's what's going on here.

I had some labels professionally made and re-purposed an old Helen Reddy Q8. To make the album fit, I had to edit down "She's So Heavy", but in my mind, that's no big loss.... sort of how the Fly Like an Eagle Q8 edits down Mercury Blues.

The fellow who made the labels did an excellent job. Sort of the reason I wanted to show it off because it looks legit.

In my top 5 albums I'd love to have from a professional, quality surround mix, on modern media (son of the 5th Beatle?) I'll be trying my own soon enough:smokin

I imagine Jon would've also worked with this album into a self made up-mix?

I was only kidding! I did not know that there was an actual 8-track of it! I have heard some great mixes made from stems as the raw tracks made their way around the internet. Sorry there Q-Eight! No disrespect intended. (So that's what happened to all of those "Love Song for Jeffrey" Q8's! :) )

I was only kidding! I did not know that there was an actual 8-track of it! I have heard some great mixes made from stems as the raw tracks made their way around the internet. Sorry there Q-Eight! No disrespect intended. (So that's what happened to all of those "Love Song for Jeffrey" Q8's! :) )

None taken old top! I knew you were just pullin' my leg. I just posted the picture to see what kinda reactions I'd get. I'm insufferably pleased with how well the label turned out! If I slid it into my Capitol collection, you'd be hard-pressed to tell it from a real Q8. Once I get my Akai tuned up, I'm going to attempt to make real Q8 copies of White Trash, Eli & the 13th, Cheap Thrills, Byrdmaniax and maybe the other Johnny Winter. I've only got 4 spare Columbia shells right now.

None taken old top! I knew you were just pullin' my leg. I just posted the picture to see what kinda reactions I'd get. I'm insufferably pleased with how well the label turned out! If I slid it into my Capitol collection, you'd be hard-pressed to tell it from a real Q8. Once I get my Akai tuned up, I'm going to attempt to make real Q8 copies of White Trash, Eli & the 13th, Cheap Thrills, Byrdmaniax and maybe the other Johnny Winter. I've only got 4 spare Columbia shells right now.

Reminds me when someone here punked me with a "Rare" Joe Walsh - So What - via fake ABC Command Quad. LP. I wanted to believe Soooo much😞

I'm insufferably pleased with how well the label turned out! If I slid it into my Capitol collection, you'd be hard-pressed to tell it from a real Q8.

Wow, it really did turn out amazingly well. Luckily your mix is quite a bit better than the standard Capitol Q8 fare!

You could also do Billy Cobham's Spectrum just for kicks, though that would probably be twice as much work as the Atlantic Q8s often featured the CD-4 cover art. Johnnie Taylor's Eargasm on Q8 would also be fun to see.

Last edited:
These were my first attempts. The paper stock is not quite what I wanted and my printer just can't do the job a professional does. Compared to the Abbey Road Q8, these have a slightly washed-out look and the gloss level is non-existent.
View attachment 39256
No, that's excellent. They look vintage at the point of creation. Now you've just got to figure out how to get the labels to ripple on the shell.

Back