Oppo 105 HDMI In -> 5.1 Analog Out?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skindzier

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
So I've been sorta looking at the 105 (the 205 is out of my budget at the moment). I know the USB DAC is stereo out only. I was wondering though, if you run HDMI in, can you get 5.1 Analog Out & if so, is anybody doing it & what do you think about the sound? I was thinking I could possibly do the following:
PC -> Oppo Stereo USB DAC -> Surround Master -> Zektor -> AVR 5.1 Analog In
and
PC HDMI -> Oppo HDMI In -> Oppo 5.1 Analog Out -> Zektor -> AVR 5.1 Analog In

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I’m just ordered the Topping D50 2-channel DAC. It is said to be wonderful in the price range and and even way above.

I was searching around JRiver forums on how to route a stereo signal to or through the D50 (USB?) while sending MC to the Oppo (as it currency is set up via HDMI).

All posts were very old with vers. 15 the latest comments if I searched correctly.

I gather one sets up two “zones” one for 2-Chan and the other for MC and select outboard gear respectively according to the specific zone you choose for the playback mode.

Does that mean I will have to switch from zone to zone depending on my media (stereo or MC)?

Or can I mark all MC context somehow to always get sent to one zone, everything else always the other zone?

Be nice if it switched by itself somehow.

Last edited:
JRiver is not always able to detect the number of channels and often enough needs help with play format output. But at least it’s a start and “zones” is what it’s all about.

Back