Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ca0b06a16e227c06c1ce37a11a2f75b3.jpg

This was posted on Facebook today from the Acoustic Sounds catalogue! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting... No new cover for the SACD, contrary to what Roger was saying (I guess he was referring to a boxset, but I was kind of expecting something new for the SACD)

Pretty sure that might be placeholder artwork for now. Same thing with “Dark Side of the Moon”

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the price looks good, too. :)

It just goes to show how conditioned we've become in paying big bucks for premium-grade pop/rock music: this premium-grade Sibelius 5-SACD/1-blu ray disc box set is currently £20.24 delivered and Dutton Vocalion knock out double albums on SACD for under £15 delivered.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I won't cough up - I'll probably end up coughing up a fair bit more than the going rate, what with shipping costs, VAT and a weak-as-water pound - but I guess it is what it is even if I'm not exactly enamoured with the price.

This will be a must buy for me. (duh)

IMO $35 really is a great price.....especially for all those who constantly freak when we get indulgent boxes that cost between $95-$140 that contain large boxes that can't be stored and vinyl they don't want....

Compared to the Tull releases? No, it's not a great price...but still. I'll pay $35 any day of the year for Animals in 5.1 and store it neatly on my shelf with all the other similarly sized releases.

Woo hoo!

This will be a must buy for me. (duh)

IMO $35 really is a great price.....especially for all those who constantly freak when we get indulgent boxes that cost between $95-$140 that contain large boxes that can't be stored and vinyl they don't want....

Compared to the Tull releases? No, it's not a great price...but still. I'll pay $35 any day of the year for Animals in 5.1 and store it neatly on my shelf with all the other similarly sized releases.

Woo hoo!

A stereo album in January 1977 was what? About $6 for a premium act like Floyd? Quads, if still in existence would have been around $7. That's about $30 to $31 in today's money. So we are getting both stereo and multichannel in a very limited edition for $4 to $5 more. Yes, I know some of us probably feel ripped off because the SACD does not come with any clicks, pops and surface noise. :p

Some of us just don't like SACD but Guthrie does the same man who thinks out of spec Dolby is better than DTS on a DVD
Yeah, I don't like sacd too, but Animals in surround :love::love:

What is it that's bugging you gents about SACD? Is it that Guthrie is doing it, or some other issue? Just curious.

What is it that's bugging you gents about SACD? Is it that Guthrie is doing it, or some other issue? Just curious.
For me, there are the following issues:
1. no video, which means no slideshow, no graphics, no music videos
2. the most difficult format to rip
3. I don't think they sound as good as other Hi Res formats

YMMV of course.

Back