Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I think it would be EXTREMELY cool if they'd do Piper & Electric Moo as well :). Hey let's just see a HUMONGUS SUPER DELUXE BOX set called ALL THE YEARS (with only LPCM multi channel discs of all the official albums and maybe some inflatable stuff in a sheepskin case). :):)

I too used to think that SACD was not all it was cracked up to be until I got an Oppo 205. It's performance on SACD is stellar and it absolutely wipes the floor with my 2006-vintage Marantz DV9600. But while I honestly do not believe that I was hearing the capabilities of SACD until I got the 205, I still prefer the Marantz for DVD-A. So it seems that none of these universal players are truly exceptional with all formats...and I mean the DACs too as I rip all of my stuff to hard drives. Anyway, I'm glad to be getting Animals regardless of format.

Animals should sound epic in surround :love:
As an aside (since you brought it up), I replaced my Denon DVD-3910 with the Oppo-205 this year, and after trying every setting and configuration possible I still believe the Denon's bass is much more robust than the Oppo (going direct via analog to my Marantz AVR-8500 receivero_O.)

And Gos' beloved feline Lamar will finally have a demo disc of his very own

4304509546_25116049ed_z.jpg

YUMMY, Animals in 5.1 ...... sure beats those tasteless cat treats!:ROFLMAO:catnip for the soul!

Helium filled Cat :smokin :eek:

I'm 100% without physical media. And a sacd is a b..ch to rip, as I won't invest in an old PS3 just for that.
I've got an early release Ps3, wasn't sure what to do with it. I knew it could play sacd's and possibly rip them with numerous other steps involved. But really pumped to get something in print especially since most of us thought Analogue Productions and SACD would be the catch phrases for the best Floyd album ever released in surround. IMO bring it already, and I will buy 2 wether I gift one or not.

I've made a couple purchases from Acoustic Sounds this year, so, of course, I received their print catalog today. Flipping through to find the ad, I was surprised to see it's on Page 3! Very prominent.

Supposedly, Wish You Were Here was Acoustic Sounds biggest seller EVER on mch SACD so that space was well earned.

Whoa, awesome! Scared the crap out of me for a few minutes though, when I couldn't find this thread in "Surround Sound - Non Format Specific Discussion" where it had been living.

Pretty sure that might be placeholder artwork for now. Same thing with “Dark Side of the Moon”

:)

I'm with rtbluray. There was special new cover art done for the Wish You Were Here SACD, but Analogue Productions weren't involved with the original release of the Dark Side of the Moon SACD. Maybe There will yet be another iteration of new cover art for Dark Side when Analogue Productions releases it - or maybe the same cover art as the jewel case SACD. But I bet on there still being new cover art for the Animals SACD. Those two images are just place holders until the art work is finalized and released.

Whoa, awesome! Scared the crap out of me for a few minutes though, when I couldn't find this thread in "Surround Sound - Non Format Specific Discussion" where it had been living.

I'm with rtbluray. There was special new cover art done for the Wish You Were Here SACD, but Analogue Productions weren't involved with the original release of the Dark Side of the Moon SACD. Maybe There will yet be another iteration of new cover art for Dark Side when Analogue Productions releases it - or maybe the same cover art as the jewel case SACD. But I bet on there still being new cover art for the Animals SACD. Those two images are just place holders until the art work is finalized and released.

There is new artwork for the "Dark Side of the Moon" SACD, and it's not the same as the 2003 SACD.
https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/133317/Pink_Floyd-Dark_Side_Of_The_Moon-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD

There are images of the new cover art for DSOTM on their website.

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/133317/Pink_Floyd-Dark_Side_Of_The_Moon-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD

finally.
It's a great album of course, very angry yet still funky and trippy...how DO they do that? ;)
been waiting only 40 years for this...just when quad died in a few years you had cd which had 4 channel capability in the spec, so you hoped eventually they'd finally use it, well they didn't really but they developed DTS SACD DVD-A etc. which did and now we finally are seeing the results of what had been hoped for 4 decades after the fact....
glad I'm still alive to hear pigs fly.

Back