• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not request or offer for sale or trade copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Pink Floyd DSOTM & WYWH 5.1 SACD Acoustic Sounds 2018

HomerJAU

Moderator (MCH Media Players)
Staff member
These really need to be re-released as single disc BDs (from their Immersion sets). Much more likely to get new sales for the millions with BD players and 5.1 systems IMO.

steelydave

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Staff member
I Wish an SACD of Atom Heart Mother with a decently-mastered version of the quad mix were part of this announcement.

...and I suppose SACDs with the shelved 5.1(s) of Meddle, Obscured By Clouds, etc. too, if I'm thinking big.

jimfisheye

500 Club - QQ All Star
These really need to be re-released as single disc BDs (from their Immersion sets). Much more likely to get new sales for the millions with BD players and 5.1 systems IMO.
These and literally the entire rest of their catalog that they remastered in HD at the same time but remains unreleased in HD. (They released CD reductions from those masters at the time.)

For being the big audiophile and surround sound band, their catalog gets the most insulting treatment of just about any major label artist nowadays with all the cagey bait and switch stuff and refusal to make the HD masters and many of the surround masters even available at all. Getting sick of this!

halbroome

More appealing to me are the Hendrix SACDS.
Agreed (I have the Floyds). That same issue of Acoustic Sounds that arrived today has Hendrix on the cover, and an ad for AXIS and ARE YOU EXPERIENCED in SACD format, along with UHQR and DSD downloads. Will probably spring for the EXPERIENCED one in SACD :banana:

4-earredwonder

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
IMO, a more apropos question: Whatever happened to THE WALL which James Guthrie was so 'diligently' remixing for 5.1 from those damaged masters ......... not so much as a peep about any progress made in that camp. :(

And I am in wholehearted agreement with jimfisheye that the PF catalog, in general, has been treated haphazardly in the digital age: endless RBCD 'remasters' but NOTHING approximating Rhino's glorious Chicago Quadio boxset which 'neatly' and cost effectively put ALL their Surround output into one BD~A package!

Unless, COMING in 2025: The Pink Floyd Dolby Atmos Surround Remasters in UHD 8K BD~A! :yikes

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
I Wish an SACD of Atom Heart Mother with a decently-mastered version of the quad mix were part of this announcement.

...and I suppose SACDs with the shelved 5.1(s) of Meddle, Obscured By Clouds, etc. too, if I'm thinking big.
James Guthrie still loves SACD.
If it wasn't for that, I think Pink Floyd would stick to just Blu-Ray & DVD.