Pink Floyd DSOTM & WYWH 5.1 Surround SACD Reissues

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~dave~~wave~

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Saw this over on sh.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 1.33.25 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 1.33.25 PM.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 552
These really need to be re-released as single disc BDs (from their Immersion sets). Much more likely to get new sales for the millions with BD players and 5.1 systems IMO.

I Wish an SACD of Atom Heart Mother with a decently-mastered version of the quad mix were part of this announcement.

...and I suppose SACDs with the shelved 5.1(s) of Meddle, Obscured By Clouds, etc. too, if I'm thinking big.

These really need to be re-released as single disc BDs (from their Immersion sets). Much more likely to get new sales for the millions with BD players and 5.1 systems IMO.

These and literally the entire rest of their catalog that they remastered in HD at the same time but remains unreleased in HD. (They released CD reductions from those masters at the time.)

For being the big audiophile and surround sound band, their catalog gets the most insulting treatment of just about any major label artist nowadays with all the cagey bait and switch stuff and refusal to make the HD masters and many of the surround masters even available at all. Getting sick of this!

More appealing to me are the Hendrix SACDS.

Agreed (I have the Floyds). That same issue of Acoustic Sounds that arrived today has Hendrix on the cover, and an ad for AXIS and ARE YOU EXPERIENCED in SACD format, along with UHQR and DSD downloads. Will probably spring for the EXPERIENCED one in SACD :banana:

Just what I need, more Pink Floyd discs, that leave off the only mix I listen to of those albums.

Given that the old DSOTMoon SACD was a Capitol regular product, is it likely the AP's is a remaster?

IMO, a more apropos question: Whatever happened to THE WALL which James Guthrie was so 'diligently' remixing for 5.1 from those damaged masters ......... not so much as a peep about any progress made in that camp. :(

And I am in wholehearted agreement with jimfisheye that the PF catalog, in general, has been treated haphazardly in the digital age: endless RBCD 'remasters' but NOTHING approximating Rhino's glorious Chicago Quadio boxset which 'neatly' and cost effectively put ALL their Surround output into one BD~A package!

Unless, COMING in 2025: The Pink Floyd Dolby Atmos Surround Remasters in UHD 8K BD~A! :yikes

I Wish an SACD of Atom Heart Mother with a decently-mastered version of the quad mix were part of this announcement.

...and I suppose SACDs with the shelved 5.1(s) of Meddle, Obscured By Clouds, etc. too, if I'm thinking big.

James Guthrie still loves SACD.
If it wasn't for that, I think Pink Floyd would stick to just Blu-Ray & DVD.

Back