Pink Floyd DSOTM & WYWH 5.1 Surround SACD Reissues

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was aware of the problems with the DSOTM bluray, but I didn't know the WYWH bluray was affected too. So both of those immersion sets have issues, apparently. I never bought DSOTM immersion, but I do own the WYWH immersion (US). Maybe I need to check it out, just to be sure.

You might contact this member and ask him about the "clicking" problem and get details..

Maybe just a sub forum...I was thinking along the lines of Cooking with Jon Urban..and another sub forum serving Quadraphonic Ale and fine wines...one stop shopping for the upscale audiophile/foodieo_O

Reactions: GOS

Great news, because I have the defective European version of the Immersion box with the clicks on the 5.1 mix.

Let me share a story on this topic. I bought the Immersion Box in June 2012 from an German Amazon.de marketplace seller. Only years later, after the replacement program was over already, I became aware of the problem with the Blu-ray disc. Anyway, I thought 'what the heck' and contacted the original seller in August 2015 with really no expectations at all. On their request I sent the box back and they sent me another new one - same problem. Then the most amazing thing happened that I have ever experienced from a customer service point of view: They said I could keep the box and gave me a full refund on top - more than three years later after the original purchase!

Cheers,
Andreas

The easy answer would be yes...but it's a little more complicated...there was a blu ray version in the Immersion Box Set which contained the "standard" Guthrie mix and also a Quad Mix....but...and here is the rub...there were some problems with the European version of the Blu Ray....defects.....so if you could get the US version of the blu ray in the Immersion Box ...it would be the better version..IMO...but that involves a lot of work finding just the disc and more money...
I thought I read somewhere that the 5.1 mix on the Blu-ray was different than the 5.1 mix on the SACD... If so, I would be interested in this SACD. If not, im happy with my Blu-ray, which plays just fine.

OK, I am totally losing my mind. I saw this thread and I thought...wait a minute...don't I already own this??? So, I go to my NAS drive...and huh? It's not there......so I go to my shelf....and....there it is. SACD of Wish You Were Here.

Um.....what's the deal? lmao....
I realize I sometimes get confused about all this stuff...but I don't get it. (I also don't get how I missed ripping what I own already...unless it accidentally got deleted)

Which frightens the hell out of me by the way.
ya JC how many times they gonna make it? I still feel the BD is the best with all the choice's

I thought I read somewhere that the 5.1 mix on the Blu-ray was different than the 5.1 mix on the SACD... If so, I would be interested in this SACD. If not, im happy with my Blu-ray, which plays just fine.

The mix is the same...the difference is the blu ray has the quad mix too...

That's great to read that WYWH is going to be re-released. Biggest problem for me is getting on. Acoustic Solutions will only dispatch a minimum order of $50 to the United Kingdom with a $30 handling charge. That means ordering two discs. I'm more than happy with AS for my last order which arrived at my home a mere four days after dispatch. If I've got to order another disc to make up the minimum cost then it will probably be the forthcoming Joan Armatrading SACD due in the following February. AS will hang onto WYWH until the Armatrading disc is reading as they did with my order of Simon and Garfunkel.

If any of you know other dealers that will dispatch a single item to the UK I'd love to here of them.(y)

That's great to read that WYWH is going to be re-released. Biggest problem for me is getting on. Acoustic Solutions will only dispatch a minimum order of $50 to the United Kingdom with a $30 handling charge. That means ordering two discs. I'm more than happy with AS for my last order which arrived at my home a mere four days after dispatch. If I've got to order another disc to make up the minimum cost then it will probably be the forthcoming Joan Armatrading SACD due in the following February. AS will hang onto WYWH until the Armatrading disc is reading as they did with my order of Simon and Garfunkel.

If any of you know other dealers that will dispatch a single item to the UK I'd love to here of them.(y)
I'm sure a fellow member here can help you with this.

No, not in my case. They took the money the day it was dispatched for my one and only order off them. I had to wait around six weeks for the Simon and Garfunkel SACD.

Well,

I think everybody needs to know just in case,

Acoustic Sounds charged my card right away for Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here SACD, total $49.67 including shipping to USA (S&H Cost: $14.67, I think it's high) but it's ok by me cause I do love the album and to get the SACD in 5.1 Surround Sound..... Priceless!!!

Regards,

Last edited:
Well,

I think everybody needs to know just in case,

Acoustic Sounds charged my card right away for Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here SACD, total $49.67 including shipping to USA (S&H Cost: $14.67, I think it's high) but it's ok by me cause I do love the album and to get the SACD in 5.1 Surround Sound..... Priceless!!!

Regards,

That might be a pending charge that goes away.......sometimes they ping the card to make sure it koo but it does not do an actual charge until shipped :unsure:

Oh Also .... Snood ordered one as back up - called them to order and got the media mail shipping for about 3.50 so 38 dollars plus all together.

Guy told me if you request Media mail shipping in comments section they will refund your card the difference in shipping......hmmmmmm. Glad Me called. :geek:

That might be a pending charge that goes away.......sometimes they ping the card to make sure it koo but it does not do an actual charge until shipped :unsure:

Oh Also .... Snood ordered one as back up - called them to order and got the media mail shipping for about 3.50 so 38 dollars plus all together.

Guy told me if you request Media mail shipping in comments section they will refund your card the difference in shipping......hmmmmmm. Glad Me called. :geek:

Thank you Snood, I'll let you guys know if it's only a pending charge that goes away, I will know for sure by monday. Also, thanks for the info on the shipping option by media mail, in my case I'm going to leave it the way it's but I'll remember to use media mail for future orders.

Can't wait for my SACD!

Regards,

Last edited:
I ordered 2 from MusicDirect (chicago area,close to me fast shipping) with a 15% off code it came to
29.74 each. I opted to spend the money I saved with the code and went with the FedEx ground. Decided not to go with importcd cause of their unreliably slow shipping.

Back