Pink Floyd DSOTM & WYWH 5.1 Surround SACD Reissues

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No release date yet, but the new "Dark Side of the Moon" Multichannel SACD is available to preorder from Acoustic Sounds:
https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/133317/Pink_Floyd-Dark_Side_Of_The_Moon-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD

And there is new artwork for this release!

CAPP_81033_SA__133317__12122018075452-2428.jpg

:)

Thank you so much

Will be mine DAY 1

Regards,

I wonder if they m-i-g-h-t have gone with a lenticular cover for Dark Side, and that's why it isn't presented well? There was a prism hologram(-ish?) display at Their Mortal Remains (I don't remember that bit so well, because it was over-shadowed by so much more at the exhibition). And the companion book to the exhibition has a lenticular Dark Side inlay on it.

If only DSOTM had the Alan Parson's mix. I'd be on board for that. The Guthrie mix? Meh, not so much.

We know that would never happen since Analogue Productions has to keep peace with the Guthrie/Water's camp and Alan Parson's splendid 4.0 remix was nixed when Capitol Records initially released DSOTM in 5.1.

BTW, the Scrooges at Acoustic Sounds failed to have their 50% off sale this year on SACDs [unless they're saving it for the New Year] and I notice that MOST of their SACDs are ineligible for further discount.

Last edited:
Received mine on Long Island, NY today via FedEx.
Slightly disappointed as I asked AC to ship using a less expensive Media Mail option but alas they did not accommodate.

On the positive, they took great care in packing the release.
I did not realize that this was presented in a hardback book style digipak.
Six postcards are included and 8 page booklet bound into the hardback.
From all visual appearances, it seems like an exact repressing of the 2016 run.
Have not had time to listen yet.

Slightly disappointed as I asked AC to ship using a less expensive Media Mail option but alas they did not accommodate.

Thanks.

So, It's like a DigiBook?

Can you post some pictures?

Best regards,

Snood usually calls them up and order to request the media Mail option and ask to send me a receipt email. :LB

Back