Pink Floyd - THE ENDLESS RIVER (New Album)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rontoon

800 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
More Division Bell coming in October?!?!?! From Polly Sampson...

"Btw Pink Floyd album out in October is called "The Endless River". Based on 1994 sessions is Rick Wright's swansong and very beautiful."

Maybe this is the "better things to come" that Andy was referring to...

More Division Bell coming in October?!?!?! From Polly Sampson...

"Btw Pink Floyd album out in October is called "The Endless River". Based on 1994 sessions is Rick Wright's swansong and very beautiful."

Maybe this is the "better things to come" that Andy was referring to...

Just saw her tweet too. It's open to interpretations, but being literal I read it as "new PF album". I really wonder what this is, but this not sounds as a collection of outtakes, not David Gilmour style. If he dares to call it a PF album, I guess it has to be something of a certain quality. He could have used Richard's old compositions in his own solo record. Anyway, I'm really surprised and excited about this announcement

It's for real and was recorded at the time of Division Bell so it certainly is a Pink Floyd album, especially with Rick involved.
This is probably the "better things to come" that Andy was recently referring to.

And Durga McBroom just confirmed as well...

Remember this photo? It wasn't what you THOUGHT it was.
YES. THERE IS A NEW PINK FLOYD ALBUM COMING OUT. AND I'M ON IT. And there was much rejoicing.

343q22w.jpg

Also confirmed by AFG's Col Turner via PF Management so this one is for real!

Thanks a lot for this second update, Ron!

Jon, what about creating a new thread for this? There's going to be a lot of talks about this album, I'm afraid

I was going to create a new thread but didn't know where to put it since a surround version hasn't been announced yet. :mad:@:

With Gilmour and Waters supposedly burying the hatchet, I wonder will this be PF(87) or The Real Deal? Sure would be nice if they did one more album together and put The Floyd to rest.

With Gilmour and Waters supposedly burying the hatchet, I wonder will this be PF(87) or The Real Deal? Sure would be nice if they did one more album together and put The Floyd to rest.
Another Waterless Floyd hater? :(

I highly doubt that Waters will be involved in any way. These songs were most likely written around the time of the Division Bell recordings, demos and works in progress. We all knew that there was at least an album's worth of unfinished compositions, as well as a possible Richard Wright solo album, so the material has always been there. And to me, this is 100% Pink Floyd.

Another Waterless Floyd hater? :(

I highly doubt that Waters will be involved in any way. These songs were most likely written around the time of the Division Bell recordings, demos and works in progress. We all knew that there was at least an album's worth of unfinished compositions, as well as a possible Richard Wright solo album, so the material has always been there. And to me, this is 100% Pink Floyd.

No hate, I'm a fan of all things Floyd. I'm pretty sure this will be the last PF album and it would be nice to hear them together one more time. Everyone put their ego on hold and do one for Rick, but that has 0% chance of happening.

Durga has just confirmed that Waters has no part in this.

"Roger is not on it. But Richard Wright is, from sessions recorded before his death. THIS IS REAL."

Waters would have probably ruined it if he got involved. His ego is too big just to lay down a vocal or a bassline in Richard's honor. He would want it to be "The Wall Pt.2 starring Roger Waters with his band Pink Floyd".

I wonder why Polly Samson has leaked a notice like this, this way. I would have expected a bombastic press conference preceded by a media campaign similar to the immersion series or at least like the Division Bell reissue.
I wonder when the official communication will be. If this was unplanned, someone if Parlophone must be really angry...

I wonder why Polly Samson has leaked a notice like this, this way. I would have expected a bombastic press conference preceded by a media campaign similar to the immersion series or at least like the Division Bell reissue.
I wonder when the official communication will be. If this was unplanned, someone if Parlophone must be really angry...
I believe that the official press release will be on Monday.

More here:

Singer Durga McBroom-Hudson, who toured with Pink Floyd throughout the 1980s and early 1990s, revealed further details on her Facebook page. “The recording did start during The Division Bell sessions (and yes, it was the side project originally titled ‘The Big Spliff’ that [Pink Floyd drummer] Nick Mason spoke about),” she explained. “Which is why there are Richard Wright tracks on it. But David and Nick have gone in and done a lot more since then. It was originally to be a completely instrumental recording, but I came in last December and sang on a few tracks. David then expanded on my backing vocals and has done a lead on at least one of them. That’s the song you see being worked on in the photo.” She also added that the album consists entirely of “unreleased songs.”

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/07/pink-floyd-to-release-new-album-the-endless-river-in-october/

Brilliant news!

In 20 years they'll release the hires surround mix within a large box of cassettes and miniDiscs.

I am genuinely, quietly excited to hear this album.

My head's still buzzing from this news. I think I'll need a couple of days to let this sink in.

If you hear a scream coming from the general direction of Eastern Canada in the next few days, that'd be me.

Brilliant news!

In 20 years they'll release the hires surround mix within a large box of cassettes and miniDiscs.

I am genuinely, quietly excited to hear this album.

This line made my night. :)

Call me cautiously optimistic. It's not really Dave's style to toss something out that he doesn't feel worthy so I'm going to hope for the best...and Dave....lets not wait 20 years or so for a 5.1 mix, make it part of a *reasonably* priced set right from the get-go!

Back