Pink Floyd - The Later Years (1987-2019) [CD/DVD/Blu-Ray Box Set]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
talking to myself again....

And, I'm still just shocked that Amazon US has not budged 1 cent from day 1. Usually, they are flopping around like a spawning Salmon. I still hold onto my hopes that they get weak....or maybe some employee goofs and accidentally drops the price at 3am to US $250 or some crazy shit like that.

I almost bought it earlier on, but I've just seen the SDE email link, so plunged in and got it! Cheaper in the US/Canada but with import duty etc. it'd cost more to the UK.
I didn't think that when I'd ordered it it had the amazon Pre-Order Price Guarantee, but I've just checked and mine has dropped to £272.76 from the lower £322.99 when I ordered so :SB

Ooh..same here Duncan....something good from today, after the rugby mauling!!
My guess is they're not shifting at the higher price! ......…….and as for the Rugby, well I originate from somewhat beyond Hadrian's Wall (though you'd never know apart from my name!) so I'm used to Rugby losses :LOL:

Converts to US $298.13 shipped. I still can't force myself to switch my US Amazon order (even though much cheaper) due to my paranoid concerns that the box will arrive smashed and torn...as it has so many times. :(
Happened to me once. The return shipping rate is too expensive. I consider the extra 40 bucks insurance.

I don't know anything about a falling out. IIRC, Gilmour simply wanted to make some personnel changes.

Thanks. Maybe I misremember it or read too much into it or half-remember some rumor(s). It just seemed like they'd been working together for quite a while and then suddenly Manzanera was gone with no real explanation. Not, of course, that anyone owes us one!

My bad. I was watching a couple of Gdańsk tracks a while back. David Gilmour with Richard Wright playing Echoes was one. That immediately came to mind as a PF release. I’ll seek senility treatment on Monday...
That's OK. Echoes on that your was probably my favorite version. Sorry Nick. Didn't miss Waters at all
Couldn't ask for a more appropriate 2nd guitar with Manzanera. Guy Pratt was awesome on bass.
It was great to see Richard Wright one more time.
May he rest in peace.....

I'm a well known Waters... what's the opposite of an apologist? Not a basher or hater, but his voice and attitude were not missed by me. I get he writes better lyrics for sure, and the Wall is amazing. But the things I love most about Floyd are Gilmour-derived I think. I loathed the Final Cut and I solidly like AMLOR and TDB. I even like Endless River. Never bothered to check out any Waters solo stuff. Just no thanks. His shrill voice in places on the Wall was just too much for me.

I'm a well known Waters... what's the opposite of an apologist? Not a basher or hater, but his voice and attitude were not missed by me. I get he writes better lyrics for sure, and the Wall is amazing. But the things I love most about Floyd are Gilmour-derived I think. I loathed the Final Cut and I solidly like AMLOR and TDB. I even like Endless River. Never bothered to check out any Waters solo stuff. Just no thanks. His shrill voice in places on the Wall was just too much for me.
I think that Pink Floyd was 2 different bands towards the end:
Three of the guys just wanted to play music and rock on. The other guy was obsessed with himself and his personal ideas. His ego didn't allow him to be a quarter of a great group.
I nstead he chose to be 100% his own mediocre band.

Wow the footage is totally different than the laserdisc! I was skeptical that it would really even be sourced from the film, and instead we would get an upscale but that appears to be far from the case. Really great stuff!

However, I'm not sure how we got here but there's just no way I'm paying $300+ dollars for something like this. Doing so would be unfair to other fans because it justifies the rediculous price point the label is wanting, and perpetuates the cycle.

I'm hoping they break this apart into separate sets so I can pick up the pieces I really want. I'm all for artists making money but this is too far over the top.
Maybe this will eventually get slashed down in price like the Guns and Rose's box set?

I ended up getting that GnR deluxe set fot $40. Yeah it took about a year of patiently waiting but thats alright...I'll wait or live without it.

Back