Pink Floyd - The Later Years (1987-2019) [CD/DVD/Blu-Ray Box Set]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Expect all studio and live releases in 5.1 (previous mixes of DB, PULSE and TER should be the same) with the exception of one live show which has been remastered in stereo.

Can't wait to hear this album in 5.1 surround!

91DhvGthcwL._SL1500_.jpg

(Ok, so I would still rather have "Animals", but if that release has reached a stalemate, then I'm cool with this instead.)

:)

Can't wait to hear this album in 5.1 surround!

91DhvGthcwL._SL1500_.jpg

(Ok, so I would still rather have "Animals", but if that release has reached a stalemate, then I'm cool with this instead.)

:)

I've switched positions....back in the day I loved Animals....but not so much now...I've always liked AMLOR and felt it didn't get the respect that it deserved....listening to "altered" AMLOR right now and loving it :dance

AMLOR in 5.1 could be a beast, despite being an 80s recording there’s lots of depths and nuances. I wonder if Terminal Frost will pan over the room from the very start or if the rears will really wake up when the a-fucking-mazing sax solo starts!
The original plan years ago was to re-record the drums and fly in Rick's keys from the tour in order to get away from that 80's sound. IIRC, that plan was scrapped at the time.

PULSE, Division Bell and Endless River are already done. Plus there may be another live show other than DSOT that could get a 5.1 mix. ;)
Maybe Venice (hopefully), maybe Knebworth...
I really hope Andy will use Atmos for any or some of the mixes. My gut feeling is that it won't happen, but who knows.

Back