Pioneer DV-563A firmware

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokowski

Hi folks,
I´ve bought a used unit, which firmware was unfortunately not updated. I have found a closed thread about this topic with dead links. Could a kindly fellow post the necessary file, that I can burn a update CD-Rom?

Thanks,

stokowski

Hi folks,
I´ve bought a used unit, which firmware was unfortunately not updated. I have found a closed thread about this topic with dead links. Could a kindly fellow post the necessary file, that I can burn a update CD-Rom?

Thanks,

stokowski

It depends on what you're trying to update and allow how it could play discs. In general, if it plays your discs fine, best to leave things as they are. Use updates at your own risk! That being said, you could try these links:

Official Pioneer site:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Blu-ray-Disc-and-DVD/Pioneer-DVD-Players/DV-563A

Pioneer DV-563A firmware campaign

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...r-DV-563A-firmware-campaign&p=42966#post42966

Google: "DV-563A firmware"

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&output....,cf.osb&fp=3e7655c8a77a7830&biw=1024&bih=732

EDIT: Check out this QQ post for units for Germany:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...irmware-campaign&p=43632&viewfull=1#post43632

For all the owners of the European variant Pioneer DV-565A, here's my report from Germany:

Last night I had the heart to use bru87tr's firmware ISO - burned on CD/RW - with my 565a-player. It worked absolutely correct without any trouble just as described by the 563a users! The only difference I noticed: there came no onscreen information, the 11 steps were shown alone at the display. After less than a minute the procedure was finished. Finally I repeated the system setup and tested DVD-A, DualDisc (Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms; that one which did not play so far), SACD, DVD-V (Dolby, DTS). All that stuff sounds very fresh and clear again from the 5.1 channels, with the full bass power as before. Also no problem occurred with regions code which I worried to some degree before.

Thanks so much to bru87tr for finally providing the image via the web! - I followed this thread since more than six months and now I'm very satisfied. Good things come to those who wait ... also under Pioneer's hegemony.

Hi Old Quad Guy,
thanks for your advice. Yesterday all links were dead, today one was working!

Best regards,

stokowski

Hi Old Quad Guy,
thanks for your advice. Yesterday all links were dead, today one was working!

Best regards,

stokowski

All seem to work for me, just now, including the download link to .ISO file. Don't know though what the ISO file will do to your machine though. I can re-post ISO file if you can't get it or should want it.

I know this thread is old but...I've got a DV-563A (bought in 2003) that needs the firmware upgrade and all of the above links are dead. I wanted to make sure it could play Fagen's Morph the Cat and Nightfly DVD-A's, etc. Anyone with a copy of the .ISO file they could e-mail me or knowledge of a working link? Looked forever online today and bupkis. Desperation attempt but thought I'd try.

I know this thread is old but...I've got a DV-563A (bought in 2003) that needs the firmware upgrade and all of the above links are dead. I wanted to make sure it could play Fagen's Morph the Cat and Nightfly DVD-A's, etc. Anyone with a copy of the .ISO file they could e-mail me or knowledge of a working link? Looked forever online today and bupkis. Desperation attempt but thought I'd try.

Man, I’d really like to help you, but I don’t know if I can find my copy. I’ll try to look around for it this weekend.

Is this something that can (or is ) burned to a disc....whereby it can be inserted and read through the 563 menu for the update ?

Curious it's my #2 dvda, a spare just in case....maybe it's time I had it upgraded , if still possible.

Pioneer wanted me to ship this unit out to their main locale at my expense. ?...so I said f that . That was back in 2003/4 .

Is this something that can (or is ) burned to a disc....whereby it can be inserted and read through the 563 menu for the update ?

Curious it's my #2 dvda, a spare just in case....maybe it's time I had it upgraded , if still possible.

Pioneer wanted me to ship this unit out to their main locale at my expense. ?...so I said f that . That was back in 2003/4 .

Yes - exactly as you described. It solves all the DVDA compatibility problems. I'll try to remember to find it this weekend.

Yes - exactly as you described. It solves all the DVDA compatibility problems. I'll try to remember to find it this weekend.

LoL Dr. Simple - send one my way tooooo :LB - Snood's first player was this, but when it had problems playing the newer Steven Willson Yes and XTC discs along with the Who DVD-A, snood got an old OPPO - the 563 has been in the spare bedroom collecting dust since.....:rolleyes:

From my recent reading online some folks did this back in the day (something about Pioneer said that they needed to replace an EPROM or something then it turned out the techs were just updating the firmware using a disc--well I guess you know better than me as you didn't (wisely!$$) send yours in). I'm sure there are other variations and permutations to this story but that seems to be what's happened.

For a while there, from 2004 all the way into 2011-12 it seemed that the .ISO was available if you looked for it but after that it seemed to evaporate from the internet. I've seen other threads on various sites that seem to have these multi-year gaps between postings when someone like me discovers that, hey wouldn't it be cool to finally try DVD-A (not restricted to just orginal firmware-allowed discs) on my 563!

It's great that there are other folks out there that are still using or own this piece of relatively old tech. I remember I bought mine here in Canada for a bit of an embarrassing price (vs. the massive price drops in general DVD players in the subsequent years as DVD-renting/buying was all the rage) but I liked that it claimed to also play DVD-A and SACD (both of which I, as of yet, have never tried out). When I bought a Sony BDPS-6200 a few years back the 563 was relegated to the stereo stand where it fulfills occasional duty as MP3 DVD player.

Last edited:
Well ..I did not send it in . I thought Pioneer was being silly, as Japan Audio in my city has their repair contract.

Almost a year later I came across the Pioneer 588a....plays SACD DVDA(any and all) DVD DTSCD .

And the price ... $80.00 which was one third the cost of my 563a purchase.

Hi dr. simple--not to bug you but did you have any luck finding your copy of the firmware upgrade .ISO CD for the DV563?

Hi dr. simple--not to bug you but did you have any luck finding your copy of the firmware upgrade .ISO CD for the DV563?

Bob - I found the files for the firmware update, but I had forgotten that there are actually two different versions of the file: B4BA2096.bin and B4EA2096.bin. I honestly can't remember how to determine which file to use. In your research where you found the dead links, did you find any discussion of which file to use? I'm sorry I don't remember - it's been a long time since I did the update!

Okay, I found this post from May 31, 2010, by some wise guy on the QQ named "dr. simple":

If I had a clue as to where to upload stuff for people to grab for free, I'd give you all this: B4BA2096.BIN.

Here's the deal: if it doesn't work, you rename it to B4EA2096.BIN. The only difference is the 3rd character - either B or E. Make sure you name the disc "PIONEER".

ONE of these WILL work for the 578a. It will probably work for the 575 as well, but I've never owned a 575.

And, by the way, it works LIKE A CHARM. I've yet to find a disc my 578a version 2.09 won't play, and it's region-free to boot. I'll happily email the .bin file to anyone who requests it.

So now I just have to find a place to upload it for y'all...

I'm making progress. See a quoted post from Ohio's own Spenceo below for instructions. I'd like to add two pieces to his instructions:

1. Burn the file to a data disc and name the data disc PIONEER. (I have no idea if this matters).
2. The most important word in Spenceo's directions, in my opinion, is WAIT. If I had waited, I would've avoided killing a 578.

And most importantly, here's the file: https://drive.google.com/drive/my-drive

Copy of post from other thread:

Here it is ( DV-575A ver. 2.09 ):

http://mtz.softpedia.com/dvd/

1. Save File and unzip
2. Burn to cd-r ( I used EZCD creator )
3. Load into player. ( I have the pioneer DV-578A )
4. At upgrade menu, press play
5. Drawer will open and the player's display will read "loading". Wait. Drawer will close.
6. Open drawer, remove disk

You will have to reset all initial settings at the main menu.

Spence

I'm making progress. See a quoted post from Ohio's own Spenceo below for instructions. I'd like to add two pieces to his instructions:

1. Burn the file to a data disc and name the data disc PIONEER. (I have no idea if this matters).
2. The most important word in Spenceo's directions, in my opinion, is WAIT. If I had waited, I would've avoided killing a 578.
\
\

Thank you so very much dr. simple for all of your efforts to find the file!

To just confirm...this file will also upgrade the DV-563A?

Reason I ask is that I did find a page that listed the upgrade files that were tested on the European versions of many Pioneer DVD players...DV-575A, 578, and others are on this list. The person emphasized that these files were beta.

http://www.pioneerfaq.info/?question=Firmwares&type=DVD

It did not list the 563 and that's why I posted to the board here. Not sure if one of these listed or yours applies to the 563 or not. Sorry if there was some confusion. I'm still confused!

Last edited:

Snood no see file :unsure:

\

Thank you so very much dr. simple for all of your efforts to find the file!

To just confirm...this file will also upgrade the DV-563A?

Reason I ask is that I did find a page that listed the upgrade files that were tested on the European versions of many Pioneer DVD players...DV-575A, 578, and others are on this list. The person emphasized that these files were beta.

http://www.pioneerfaq.info/?question=Firmwares&type=DVD

It did not list the 563 and that's why I posted to the board here. Not sure if one of these listed or yours applies to the 563 or not. Sorry if there was some confusion. I'm still confused!

Boy do I feel stupid. This whole time I was thinking 578. I am so sorry.

Back