Q8 Tape Player Gallery!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im looking for an Quad 8-Track player/-recorder

@ winopener: the technics 858 has no selector for voltage or is it possible to regulate this with an ampere fuse?

Thanks and
Quadraphonic regards

No voltage selector for the 858, but a 220/110 transformer is easy to find.
The important thing is that it can work both on 60hz and 50hz frequency, otherwise speed would be off.

1111527-1a58516a-technics-quadraphonic-8track-tape-deck-player-recorder-rs-858.jpg

Hi Quadmon,

First of all, congratulations on the beautiful devices. (y)
I'm also looking for an 8-track player and recorder. But this must work with 220 volts in Germany / Europe.
So if you want to hand one in - I look forward to receiving the relevant information - thanks a lot
Thanks. I may be able to help out. One of the akais ran slow and I assumed that it was set up for Europe. My device skills are rather limited so how do you suggest we communicate?

If the problem is related to the 50/60hz difference, on the bottom of the Akai there is a screw that set 50/60 hz, basically it moves the belt to a different section of the wheel which has a different size.

I just ran into this photo I took of this quad gear that was in my place last year before I moved it to a new place. I can count five different Q8 decks. Surprisingly, the Superscope deck has a really nice sound to it.

Attachments

• IMG_8124.jpg
    IMG_8124.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 238
I just ran into this photo I took of this quad gear that was in my place last year before I moved it to a new place. I can count five different Q8 decks. Surprisingly, the Superscope deck has a really nice sound to it.
What a mess! It's amazing how good they sound being almost 50 years old. Hope you moved them to where you can use them.

Was likely 71. Guess my guess was off a little. The Fillmore PA vibrated the auditorium floor like the old toy football game. Had to use my belt to tie my date and my chairs together so we didn't drift apart. The Fillmore had gotten a new system and they were trying this old one out in Cleveland. Only used it that one time. I think they were afraid the building would come down. Lol

Was likely 71. Guess my guess was off a little. The Fillmore PA vibrated the auditorium floor like the old toy football game. Had to use my belt to tie my date and my chairs together so we didn't drift apart. The Fillmore had gotten a new system and they were trying this old one out in Cleveland. Only used it that one time. I think they were afraid the building would come down. Lol

It's also a heavyweight of a player... the heavier of the q8 car player i have.

Back