Quad version of Pink Floyd Meddle

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5.1 surround mixes like "Dark Side of the Moon" and "Wish You Were Here" will probably never be 'redone' simply because that's how the artist agreed it should be.
it's true but look at this.
James Guthrie and Andy Jackson have absolutely different approach to surround mixes for same band/artists
and seems there weren't any complaints/refusal to print out either of two. for me it seems that in this case
musicians doesn't care at all.
most likely all depends on how close mixing guy stands to the band, to be hired for the job.

it's true but look at this.
James Guthrie and Andy Jackson have absolutely different approach to surround mixes for same band/artists
and seems there weren't any complaints/refusal to print out either of two. for me it seems that in this case
musicians doesn't care at all.
most likely all depends on how close mixing guy stands to the band, to be hired for the job.

Yes, it's true that James Guthrie and Andy Jackson mix differently, but look at what else is different. Look at WHO had to approve each mix. For Andy's mixes, the only opinion he basically had to work with was Gilmour's (although Nick Mason probably had some input on "Endless River" and maybe on the "Division Bell" too) whereas Guthrie had to balance the opinions of both Roger and David (and to a lesser extent Nick and Rick) for "Dark Side" and "Wish You Were Here" so Guthrie's mixes are a compromise between the various band members, while Andy probably has more freedom on his mixes because he has less opinions to deal with.

I'm not sure where else to post this, but the quad mix of Echoes appears to have some kind of disagreeable (to me) gating sound on it.

Back