Requesting Updates for the Anthology/Sampler Discography

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this on Ebay and wondered if anyone has any additional info or pictures of the back cover and reel as I had not seen this one before
AKAI Jet Musical Vignette, Around The World. No. Unknown (QR)a.jpg

Interesting to see one close up. It's not completely rare, I don't think, I saw this release on Ebay a few years back when I was watching for a near mint copy of the Akai Surround Stereo Demonstration Tape ATD-74 (common blue box demo reel).

Here ya go:
Thanks so much for filling in the photo gaps, In order to do a proper listing in the discography photos like this are really needed when I do not own it.
I really appreciate the effort of the scans and folks will be grateful for years to come with the info you have provided. The discography is not a one man show and folks like you that take the time to contribute to the surround history are much appreciated

MX Adjustment Record-Compatible Discrete 4-Channel Stereo Disc System. I saw this record on Ebay being sold with a JVC demodulator and wondered if anyone has seen it before and can provide additional info or pictures. I am not able to contact the seller as I learned today that my account was hacked and after restoring I am not able to contact anyone until it is all cleared up
MX Adjustment Record-Compatible Discrete 4-Channel Stereo Disc System.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CD-4-Disc-Demodulator

SOUND VALUES Big Band Potpouri. Number Unknown (Q8). Does anyone know the catalog number for this tape?

Spotted this one on Yahoo! Japan auctions and I can't find the catalog number (TD-3011) in any of the quad discographies:

1700086903792.png1700086933553.png1700086958287.png1700086985452.png1700087006068.png

It appears to be one track from each of the first nine Columbia 'Master Sonic' QX releases: Qx-9001 through Qx-9009.

Spotted this one on Yahoo! Japan auctions and I can't find the catalog number (TD-3011) in any of the quad discographies:

View attachment 98321View attachment 98322View attachment 98323View attachment 98324View attachment 98325

It appears to be one track from each of the first nine Columbia 'Master Sonic' QX releases: Qx-9001 through Qx-9009.
It was probably pressed for the japanese hi-fi shops that were selling Denons QX quadraphonic equipment, and seeing the system was never sold outside of Japan, the disc is going to be one of those 'Holy Grail' albums.

View attachment 98321View attachment 98322View attachment 98323View attachment 98324View attachment 98325

Thanks for letting me know. I have added to the Quadraphonic Anthology & Sampler Recordings discography. I wondered how much it differed from TD-3010 but I have no track listing for it.

NIPPON-COLUMBIA 4QX Master Sonic TD-3010 (QX) [Japan]a.jpg

NIPPON-COLUMBIA 4QX Master Sonic TD-3010 (QX) [Japan]c.jpg

NIPPON-COLUMBIA 4QX Master Sonic TD-3010 (QX) [Japan]b.jpg

Back