• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Requesting Updates for the Popular Quad Discography

steelydave

Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Reaction score
And a few Japanese ones:

R4J-7025 Simons 'Wind Breeze' / Japanese: シモンズ ‎ '風はそよかぜ'
r4j-7025-simons_wind_breeze-LP-1.jpgr4j-7025-simons_wind_breeze-LP-2.jpgr4j-7025-simons_wind_breeze-LP-3.jpgr4j-7025-simons_wind_breeze-LP-4.jpg
There's a discogs entry for this title here, and I posted pictures of the Q8 version here.

R4J-7114 Hiroshi Uchiyamada and Cool Five 'Showa Song History (First Volume)' / Japanese: 内山田洋とクールファイブ '昭和の歌謡史(上巻)'
r4j-7114-1.jpgr4j-7114-2.jpg

R4J-7115 Hiroshi Uchiyamada and Cool Five 'Showa Song History (Second Volume)' / Japanese: 内山田洋とクールファイブ '昭和の歌謡史(下巻)'
r4j-7115-1.jpg

Mark Anderson

Reaction score
It seems like some of the ABC GRT tapes have more than one catalog number, because it appears that ABC swallowed up some smaller labels and then reissued the tapes on their own labels. Case(s) in point:

Love Story (Original Soundtrack)

Original release on Paramount Records: 7091-6002 H
Reissued version on ABC Records: 7022-6002 H
View attachment 37871

Roy Clark 'Roy Clark's Family Album'

Original release on DOT Records: C 7150-26018
Reissue on ABC Dot: 7310-26018 H

View attachment 37872

It's likely that some of the other Dot titles (Roy Clark, Donna Fargo) and Paramount (Billy Vaughn) may have similar variants, but these are the two I happened to notice.

QA-6-Y Victor Silvester Strings 'Quadraphonic Home Concert De Luxe'
View attachment 37873

This appears to be a Japan-only Pye release, and it also explains where track A4 on the UK Pye Quadraphonic Sampler (QUAB 1001) came from.
I noticed the paramount Q8's today. Love story and Billy Vaughn, I will check for others. Thanks for bringing those to my attention.

Mark Anderson

Reaction score
And a few Japanese ones:

R4J-7025 Simons 'Wind Breeze' / Japanese: シモンズ ‎ '風はそよかぜ'
View attachment 37874View attachment 37875View attachment 37876View attachment 37877
There's a discogs entry for this title here, and I posted pictures of the Q8 version here.

R4J-7114 Hiroshi Uchiyamada and Cool Five 'Showa Song History (First Volume)' / Japanese: 内山田洋とクールファイブ '昭和の歌謡史(上巻)'
View attachment 37879View attachment 37880

R4J-7115 Hiroshi Uchiyamada and Cool Five 'Showa Song History (Second Volume)' / Japanese: 内山田洋とクールファイブ '昭和の歌謡史(下巻)'
View attachment 37881
Funny the timing of things. I am working on the Asian discography today and should have something to review by next week. I appreciate the post.

Mark Anderson

Reaction score
Yes, we consider that a pirate recording as well as the others on discogs. The claim is made that they would pay copyright fees to the owners of the work but who knows if that ever happened. Sound Values did release some non-pirate recordings as they had some artist that were only published on there label. Check the popular list for those.
Bootlegs are unreleased recordings of a concert or studio work, pirates are copies of released work

Mark Anderson

Reaction score
Hello Mark, On the discography cassette list "The Git Go" cassette is under Klaus Schulze instead of Klaus Weiss.
Thanks for catching that. I also had a dual entry for both on the complete page!
I will have that corrected in a day or two.