Sansui QRX 6001....Compared to the QRX-7001, 8001, and 9001??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And yes, if you purchase it, even though "everything works as it should" , you should have it checked before use if you can. I have found that used vinyl stores usually know or knows someone who knows about a shop who works on vintage equip. I have used this before just recently during a trip to Sacramento, Ca. There was even a resto shop next to a record shop.
Go to Google Maps , enter vinyl record shops near me ; start there. That is how I did it in Sac. Got two contacts.
Remember the name of that resto shop in Sac. ???

Good
My opinion, and I could be wrong, but I believe there is NO point in buying a 8001/9001 unless you expect to do a full overhaul (and pay the bucks to do it). Either one is a very complicated piece and having a tech only repair the individual things that seem bad will likely result in great frustration just a few months down the road.
Good advice and well-taken. Being a Newbie in this arena, I don't think I would be ready to step up to the 8001/9001 unless I stumbled across a deal "to-good-to-be-true." Thanks again.

I think it was called "Turntables Unlimited" . It was located right next to ESOTERIC RECORDS , 1139 Fulton Ave, Sac.
Yup, that’s the one I was thinking of, just feel it would be better to go with the outfit that reconditioned your 9001, more specialized. Just not local, but sounds like those guys really know their Sansui gear! If you’re going the Sansui way?

Yup, that’s the one I was thinking of, just feel it would be better to go with the outfit that reconditioned your 9001, more specialized. Just not local, but sounds like those guys really know their Sansui gear! If you’re going the Sansui way?
Actually , for my other equip, I am going to check out R&B Electronics in Redwood City. I used QRXRestore for my main receiver (9001) , but I can't afford them for everything else I have. Luckily , my other receivers work well enough . I just need a shop for my tape decks , Fosgate Tate 2 , eq's , etc.

Hi. rawmacias

If you can afford a 9001 Yes you are 100% the QRX 9001 is the ultimate vintage Receiver to have it was the best on the market at the time in Quads hay day its Vero QS Matrix was the best in any receiver because it was its on system and the SQ Matrix did a more acurite job than most other brands considering it was the oppositions system and CD-4 was baste on one of JVC design .

Keep us informed on your opinion of a fully restored QRX 9001 you have..
BBQ..
Well , the 9001 is more crisp and clearer than the 7001. I do like the four vu meters . The 7001 has none.

Back