Sansui Qrx-8001 vs Pioneer Qx949 w a QSD-1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elguapo511

I have all three of these units, and they all need a bit of repair.

Would a Pioneer Qx949 w a Sansui QSD-1 plugged into the tape in's out perform a Qrx-8001?

SQ on the Pioneer is okay, but seems like it has just enough power if it is just used to pump the Qsd-1.

Or Sell the pioneer and the qsd and fully repair the Qrx-8001. Not cheap, but would be sweet.

I have all three of these units, and they all need a bit of repair.

Would a Pioneer Qx949 w a Sansui QSD-1 plugged into the tape in's out perform a Qrx-8001?

SQ on the Pioneer is okay, but seems like it has just enough power if it is just used to pump the Qsd-1.

Or Sell the pioneer and the qsd and fully repair the Qrx-8001. Not cheap, but would be sweet.

I recently purchased a QRX-8001 and have my Surround Master v2 connected via the Aux. inputs played discrete 4-ch. I'm planning on a Sansui QS & SMv2 shootout soon! If I'm not mistaken, isn't the QSD-1 tri-band like the SMv2?

the qsd-1 is tri band, and i think the decoder in the Qrx's are single. So fixing the sansui, would still give me an inferior vario matrix... but probably better amps. I didnt know the soundmaster was three band. that is kiler.

the qsd-1 is tri band, and i think the decoder in the Qrx's are single. So fixing the sansui, would still give me an inferior vario matrix... but probably better amps. I didnt know the soundmaster was three band. that is kiler.
I don't know about that -LOL; but if true I expect the SMv2 will smoke it!

Back