Schiller Leben SACD, why no comments?!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbazul

Hi there! I didn't found any comments in this site about this sacd.
I recently bought it (almost 20 pounds plus shipping!!) and after listening to it several times I'm just amazed how good is this as an electronic album and, the best of all, as a multichannel SACD!!! I easy put this along Beck's Sea Change, Flaming Lips's Yoshimi, Pink Floid's DSOTM!!! IMO, this got a stunning and very agressive discrete mix! By tha way, this is the fist SACD I own in wich 2 of the songs in the cd and stereo SACD track lists have diferent versions from the multichannel layer... wich is a nice surprise.

I think this is an excellent example of how electronic music should sound in multichannel. I have Paul van Dyk's Global (DTS) and is very far to get to the same point. Highly recommended for lovers of electronic music and sacd's!!!

:phones

Hi there! I didn't found any comments in this site about this sacd.
I recently bought it (almost 20 pounds plus shipping!!) and after listening to it several times I'm just amazed how good is this as an electronic album and, the best of all, as a multichannel SACD!!! I easy put this along Beck's Sea Change, Flaming Lips's Yoshimi, Pink Floid's DSOTM!!! IMO, this got a stunning and very agressive discrete mix! By tha way, this is the fist SACD I own in wich 2 of the songs in the cd and stereo SACD track lists have diferent versions from the multichannel layer... wich is a nice surprise.

I think this is an excellent example of how electronic music should sound in multichannel. I have Paul van Dyk's Global (DTS) and is very far to get to the same point. Highly recommended for lovers of electronic music and sacd's!!!

:phones

I don't think that SACD was released in the U.S. market. So it is probably under the radar of a lot of SACD fans !

I don't think that SACD was released in the U.S. market. So it is probably under the radar of a lot of SACD fans !

Yes, it looks like a German only release. Never heard about it. But I like aggressive electronic mixes. The sound samples sounded interesting. Anyone else have this title?

I took a chance on this one at $32.00. It is in the old style SACD case with 75 minutes of music, you get your money’s worth. How we all missed “Leben” until now is a mystery. This is IMHO a great title and much thanks to Barbazul for letting us know about it. It has a great aggressive mix, sounds moving around here and there, but it’s tastefully done as is the music itself. There is a lot going on in the rears and all the speakers are used wisely, as in Quad mixes, to create a 360 degree sound field. At its core it is Euro techno pop, but it’s much, much more than that. There are shades of Kraftwerk, but I hear different styles ranging from adult contemporary, to new age, “Dead Can Dance” and “Enya” in places and yet it is its own original thing. The music is highly atmospheric and comtemplative in tone and substance. Sarah Brightman's singing is great as well as the other artists. There is talking in German in the rear speakers at the beginning of a few songs that startled me upon first listen. I can’t help but feel that I’m listening to some great unfamiliar classic bit of music just as worthy as the other titles Barbazul mentioned in his post. This title makes me want to listen to it more, it’s really good. If you like the sound clips, then this is a “must have” title. You can certainly impress people with the surround mix.

hey this does not play well on my OPPO DSD direct into my amp
works great on my 45a
good disc

Yeah. It is well worth getting. Sort of reminds me of Groove Armada. Rates a 9+. Thanks Barbazul for the Paul van Dyk's Global (DTS) recommendation. Have ordered it. Sounds promising.

"By the way, this is the fist SACD I own in which 2 of the songs in the cd and stereo SACD track lists have different versions from the multichannel layer... which is a nice surprise."

Another great MCH SACD that has this option is David Bridie - Act of Free Choice.

Hey! I'm really glad some of you have already a copy of this great item. Fortunately I grabbed it too, in amazon.co.uk there's no copy left (just in the third sellers market). By the way, I forgot to mention that Bjork's Vespertine is in my top list where I've already put this one ;)

Beached I'm sorry, I think I've been misundertood. I mentioned Paul van Dyk's Global as a poor example of surround mix... even when it has an envolving sound it seems it's not descrete, anyway the music is great and you have 5 videos and many extras. It's a pity we can count with only two hands the electronic surround albums out there.

I take the chance to give you another sacd recomendation. This time is from a band called Helium Vola, wich I think is under the radar. The sacd is Liod. If you like Dead Can Dance or Qntal I think this one is for you. A mix of operatic, dark music and electronics. This sacd is hybrid and it's stereo and multichannel sacd. In some tracks the rears are used in a very conservative way but in others is agresive, sounds and voices coming from everywhere, by the way the voice of this girl is really amazing. Some songs are subtle, others are hard to assimilate but it's well worth getting. As far as I know this sacd along with Enter the Mysterium from Peter Ulrich (ex-member of Dead Can Dance) are the only 2 sacd's in the market from this style of music. You can still find it in amazon.com so go and grab it!

All the best.

Hi guys,
I also have the Leben SACD in my collection, but it's been a while since I listened to it, so I do not dare rate it here.
For thos of you still looking for a copy: both Amazon.de and jpc.de still have it in stock for 19 Euros. I don't know what they charge for international shipment, though...
Best regards,
Oliver

I just wanted to bump this because the album is quite good, and the mix? well let's just say EDM and 5.1 are made for each other. I mean that both literally and figuratively (the music is already made digitally, so mixing it is much easier than converting all those old analog quad mixes).

10/10!

One of my best sounding SACDs, good music too.
Must admit, haven’t played the 5.1 yet, need to do that one of these days

The surround sound is really good and I kind of like the music - I just wish I did not understand German as the spoken word bits are really pretentious and cheesy.

Back