• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling off collection

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to thank all of you for your kind wishes, for patiently going through a process that would allow me to raise money for my medical needs and family needs. I appreciate and understand your thoughts both about the excessive cost of health care and society taking responsibility for each other.
My father died of cancer 14 years ago. To give you a bit of background, I have a management degree and studied a lot about how labor intensive medical facilities are. There are numerous legal factors that increase those costs. I would much rather have the quality of care that I am receiving in our current system.
Yesterday, I went through the infusion process using my own stem cells for my bone marrow transplant. My father did not have his own stem cells, which made the wait for his procedure very long. Today I saw my chief infusion nurse and Bone Marrow Transplant surgeon while I went through my first post-BMT fluids. What I was told would happen from this point was exactly what he told us 7 weeks ago when we first met with him.
My father was one of the hardest working people I have ever known. He was an entreprenuer that owned his own printing and mailing business for about 30 years. He taught me the value of working hard, taking responsibility for my family, and also to help others through charitable contributions. He believed this work ethic made all businesses better serve mankind. I wish he had had the benefit of the research, development, long hours, and lots of money that has gone into cancer treatment since that time.

My wife has tirelessly cared for me by driving 16 miles early every morning, spending most of the day with me handling all the details of my treatment, and putting up with my passenger seat driving. She has also managed all the sales and shipments for selling my Oppo as well as the media sales here. At this point, we have a minimum 21 straight days in the infusion center. We have processed about 12 orders so far, and I would love to encourage her with a lot more sales, especially some of the bigger box sets.
Tomorrow we will be updating what is left (some orders were multiple).

Let me state that while I would love to be able to continue enjoying this hobby, I would feel foolish for keeping it from others who I know would also enjoy it and help provide for my family and my medical needs.
I was a mobile DJ for about 15 years, and was able to put together a enjoyable music playback setup which I still enjoy. During that time, I was also able to deduct all music purchases from taxes, and I took great advantage of it. I simply hope that those of you who make any purchases for my cause will thoroughly enjoy them as much as I have.

You're a true mensch, Keith. Thanks for giving us that window into your situation. We're all pulling for you--and we hope you get to continue enjoying the people (and the things) you value in this life for many years to come!

Surround Sound Comrades! I am really moved by this thread. I found Keith's story on another site a wee bit before he posted here. The deeper we get into the thread, the more I see why this is my favorite site and the more we get to know Keith and the more he has revealed to us. Last night I did a google search with the words Keith Ling cancer. Here is what I found:
https://www.givesendgo.com/keithlingcancer
Follow this link to read Keith's story from his wife's perspective . . . and to see a shot of Keith holding his granddaughter (I think!). Peace

Thank you to all who have given well wishes, prayers, and have purchased discs and given to my Give-Send-Go account. This coming Monday, I will have my Tri-Fusion tubes (3 IV tubes for easy IV access) removed. I still have my power port (a single IV port with no external tubes), but I will legally be allowed to drive once the Tri-Fusion is removed. On Friday, May 17th, I will be released from my Bone Marrow Transplant Surgeon in Atlanta to my local Oncologist. This will be great for us as the travel and parking costs going to Atlanta have made things difficult and expensive. The drive to NorthSide Atlanta typically took about 50 minutes to an hour one way. The drive to our Oncologist is about 15 minutes. I hope to return to work part time within the next month.
I still have a lot of DVD-Audio discs for sale. I'm guessing they aren't selling because I'm not offering international shipping and DVD-A players have pretty much disappeared.
If anyone is interested, I am willing to sell large orders of these discs at a substantially discounted total.
Make me an offer and I will seriously consider it, including most (with a few exceptions) international orders.

Thank you to all who have given well wishes, prayers, and have purchased discs and given to my Give-Send-Go account. This coming Monday, I will have my Tri-Fusion tubes (3 IV tubes for easy IV access) removed. I still have my power port (a single IV port with no external tubes), but I will legally be allowed to drive once the Tri-Fusion is removed. On Friday, May 17th, I will be released from my Bone Marrow Transplant Surgeon in Atlanta to my local Oncologist. This will be great for us as the travel and parking costs going to Atlanta have made things difficult and expensive. The drive to NorthSide Atlanta typically took about 50 minutes to an hour one way. The drive to our Oncologist is about 15 minutes. I hope to return to work part time within the next month.
I still have a lot of DVD-Audio discs for sale. I'm guessing they aren't selling because I'm not offering international shipping and DVD-A players have pretty much disappeared.
If anyone is interested, I am willing to sell large orders of these discs at a substantially discounted total.
Make me an offer and I will seriously consider it, including most (with a few exceptions) international orders.

Glad to hear things are looking up for you, Keith!

I have made a few changes to pricing in this updated list. I am offering all 5 Genesis box sets together for 650.00.
The special 40th Anniversary "book" editions of Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick, A Passion Play, and Aqualung are being offered for a set price of 450.00. The DVD-Audio discs I am surprised that have not yet sold are the Porcupine Tree discs and the King Crimson discs. Porcupine Tree was Steven Wilson's (who has done some fantastic Prog 5.1 mixes) band. These are some of the best Progressive/Hard Rock mixes ever done in 5.1. I'm offering all of these together for 325.00.
I'm offering the 7 King Crimson sets together for 225.00.
The most current listings are shown in the attached file.

Attachments

• audioforsale-051119.pdf
    118.9 KB · Views: 231
Best wishes Keith! Your wife's updates on your find page are an inspiration! My wife has dealt with Cancer the last few years and we are praying for you.
I second that emotion about Kelly Ling's posts. Read the latest one; the Lings are close to 80% of their June goal. Happy Mother's Day to your wife and Keith's . . . and every mother out there! Peace

Back