Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary Reissue (with 5.1 surround mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd provide current status of prices for all the US folks, though I can't know the tax situation of your state. So, I will just provide prices as if you all live in Illinois. :)

I suppose there are other vendors to buy from - but these are the ones I've shopped from. (Burning Shed is updating their website, so I couldn't figure out final price)

Amazon US
$117.99
$0 shipping with Prime
$7.37 tax
TOTAL - $125.36

importcd
$108.99
$3.99 standard shipping
$7.06 tax
TOTAL - $120.04

Acoustic Sounds
$127.49
$13.59 lowest price shipping (can only get free shipping if in stock)
$0 tax
TOTAL - $141.08

Bullmoose
$120.97
$0 shipping
$0 tax
TOTAL - $120.97

Amazon UK
TOTAL - $127.01 (I don't know how to decipher all the shipping and VAT, blah blah. So, just giving total with standard shipping)

Deep Discount
$129.01
$2.99 shipping
$8.25 tax
TOTAL - $140.25

Music Direct
$142.99
$-5.61 (promo)
$0 shipping
$14.66 tax
TOTAL - $157.65

Elusive Disc
$121.54 (include 15% off promo)
$9.22 shipping
$0 tax
TOTAL - $130.76

Amazon Canada
$143.76
$7.55 shipping
$0 tax
TOTAL - $151.31

Thought I'd provide current status of prices for all the US folks, though I can't know the tax situation of your state. So, I will just provide prices as if you all live in Illinois. :)

I suppose there are other vendors to buy from - but these are the ones I've shopped from. (Burning Shed is updating their website, so I couldn't figure out final price)

Amazon US
$117.99
$0 shipping with Prime
$7.37 tax
TOTAL - $125.36

importcd
$108.99
$3.99 standard shipping
$7.06 tax
TOTAL - $120.04

Acoustic Sounds
$127.49
$13.59 lowest price shipping (can only get free shipping if in stock)
$0 tax
TOTAL - $141.08

Bullmoose
$120.97
$0 shipping
$0 tax
TOTAL - $120.97

Amazon UK
TOTAL - $127.01 (I don't know how to decipher all the shipping and VAT, blah blah. So, just giving total with standard shipping)

Deep Discount
$129.01
$2.99 shipping
$8.25 tax
TOTAL - $140.25

Music Direct
$142.99
$-5.61 (promo)
$0 shipping
$14.66 tax
TOTAL - $157.65

Elusive Disc
$121.54 (include 15% off promo)
$9.22 shipping
$0 tax
TOTAL - $130.76

Amazon Canada
$143.76
$7.55 shipping
$0 tax
TOTAL - $151.31

I will be at the front door of Best Buy at 10 am on the 26th. To hell with the cost. This is too monumental a release to be waiting on a postman to save a few bucks.

To be honest, I don't think the price will drop too much more. Of course, I've been wrong many, many times before. I don't see a chance in hell it will ever be $50 for a new one. Will it ever drop to $100? Maybe....maybe not.

Did the Chicago Quadio drop by half or more from what I paid for it? I doubt that as well, if I recall, I got a good price on that one by shopping around while new. But, I have no fax....I mean...facts. :)

The price will never drop below $100. This is the Beatles we are talking about.

IF ImportCD has one of their 'rare' 10% off sales, the price WILL drop to $98 [plus s/h.....and NO tax for NY residents]........just saying!

But since you're going to pull the trigger day/date of release, can we anticipate a thorough review of the BD~A 5.1, seilerbird?

Did the Chicago Quadio drop by half or more from what I paid for it? I doubt that as well, if I recall, I got a good price on that one by shopping around while new. But, I have no fax....I mean...facts. :)
It is currently listed for $143 at Amazon. I paid $90 when it was first issued.

It is currently listed for $143 at Amazon. I paid $90 when it was first issued.

OK, found my order history. I paid $109.21 for Quadio from importCD's.

But yeah - 4-ears mentioned Pepper "could" drop slightly below $100 with a promo code in the future. But we need to compare apples to apples. I think "to your door" price is what we need to be talking about. Not the base price.

IF ImportCD has one of their 'rare' 10% off sales, the price WILL drop to $98 [plus s/h.....and NO tax for NY residents]........just saying!

But since you're going to pull the trigger day/date of release, can we anticipate a thorough review of the BD~A 5.1, seilerbird?

The hell of it is, assuming I will get my copy on May 26th as well, (as Amazon ships out 2 days before so it arrives on release day) I will be swamped at work as May is our busy time with planting crops. :yikes

The hell of it is, assuming I will get my copy on May 26th as well, (as Amazon ships out 2 days before so it arrives on release day) I will be swamped at work as May is our busy time with planting crops. :yikes

Well, Gene in the merry month of May while you're busy planting those crops which feed America and the world, take a pause and look to the horizon and maybe you'll behold LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS!:ugham:

Don't think it will ever go below 1 Benny, some may receive it for the early pricing mistake on amazon CA.
I was mowing this early afternoon and listening to tunes on a Bluetooth device:music, and of course I've got the whole Sgt. Peppers album at my fingertips.
I just got really excited about this only now!. I'm much interested in a legitimate surround mix and also the mono disc (an original quad mix would be the ultimate). I think that it will eventually go up in price as the supply thins (can't recall if this was referred to as a limited release).
Maybe some members will purchase more then 1, but for me 120.00 is enough to pay even if for only the surround disc's. I have a collection of CD's, books and numerous Beatles stuff so couldn't pass on this Historic album with professional mastering.
Good luck to those going the B&M route, only 23 more days WooHoo.....:cool::cool::spot:brew:friday::worthy:bounce:woopie

Don't think it will ever go below 1 Benny, some may receive it for the early pricing mistake on amazon CA.
I was mowing this early afternoon and listening to tunes on a Bluetooth device:music, and of course I've got the whole Sgt. Peppers album at my fingertips.
I just got really excited about this only now!. I'm much interested in a legitimate surround mix and also the mono disc (an original quad mix would be the ultimate). I think that it will eventually go up in price as the supply thins (can't recall if this was referred to as a limited release).
Maybe some members will purchase more then 1, but for me 120.00 is enough to pay even if for only the surround disc's. I have a collection of CD's, books and numerous Beatles stuff so couldn't pass on this Historic album with professional mastering.
Good luck to those going the B&M route, only 23 more days WooHoo.....:cool::cool::spot:brew:friday::worthy:bounce:woopie

No chance dude....I was one of likely hundreds who ordered on day 1 with the price mistake. All have been canceled by them. Bummer for me...bummer for all the others. But, I'm back to reality and will be paying in the $115-125 range. Depending where Amazon US ends up.

To be honest, I don't think the price will drop too much more. Of course, I've been wrong many, many times before. I don't see a chance in hell it will ever be $50 for a new one. Will it ever drop to $100? Maybe....maybe not.

This is not a limited release so they will flood the market (think of all those baby boomers). I guarantee it will drop in price once the initial rush is over. Beatles Love 5.1 DVD-A is going for 28 bucks on amazon.ca. :)

This is not a limited release so they will flood the market (think of all those baby boomers). I guarantee it will drop in price once the initial rush is over. Beatles Love 5.1 DVD-A is going for 28 bucks on amazon.ca. :)

Yep, but to be fair, Love was never a high priced item anyway. I bought it when announced and didn't pay more than US $35. :mad:@:

Yep, but to be fair, Love was never a high priced item anyway. I bought it when announced and didn't pay more than US $35. :mad:@:

Yeah good point but I don't think the launch price has everything to do with it, it's more supply and demand. Since this is not a limited release the supply will be great and there will be price reductions to move more product once the initial rush ends. If the 5.1 mix turns out to be underwhelming the price will drop even more. This is not a box set it's just one album.

Yep that's right just 1 album and the release of the 1 sets was underwhelming, this will be different. But hope I'm wrong, the price can drop so I'll get another set.

I have news for you.... the LOVE album was going for $15 ON AMAZONUS not too long ago. I bought a back~up copy for that ridiculously low price brand new!

Addenda: spoke too soon....it's still going for under $15 w/free prime s/h and some USED are going for under $4 [VG condition] + s/h: https://www.amazon.com/Love-CD-Audi...r=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=beatles+love+album+dvd~a

Back