Simon & Garfunkel's "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme" on MoFi Stereo SACD in 2018

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hallelujah, Baby. Just received my shipping notification from Music Direct. $23.99 shipped [thank's to Clinty's astute notification of MD's 20% off sale]. Better LATE than NEVER!

BTW, ImportCDs has raised the prices of ALL MoFi's Stereo SACDs to a [whopping] $37. A few months ago, they had a dozen MoFi Stereo SACD titles for $12 and change [which I DID take advantage of].

I know this will sound corny but this album is worth buying if only For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her.
Classic mid-60's arteest title but wow what a song and live tour de force performance.
Hopefully hi-res will do what it's does best, imo, reveal the air and nuances contained in the recording & performance.
The Mo-Fi re-issues of the last several years have been stellar in my mind.
I guess one question I have, was this originally recorded in mono?
And is this mono or ....

Looked up the blurb on Mo-Fi.
First Simon & Garfunkel album recorded on 8-track deck and no mention of mono so one has to assume it was originally done in stereo.

Last edited:
I know this will sound corny but this album is worth buying if only For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her.
Classic mid-60's arteest title but wow what a song and live tour de force performance.
Hopefully hi-res will do what it's does best, imo, reveal the air and nuances contained in the recording & performance.
The Mo-Fi re-issues of the last several years have been stellar in my mind.
I guess one question I have, was this originally recorded in mono?
And is this mono or ....

According to the blurb at Music Direct, it was recorded to 8 track and I'm sure MoFi utilized the stereo analogue masters for this release. https://www.musicdirect.com/optical...mary-and-Thyme-(Numbered-Edition-Hybrid-SACD)

Listening to this now! It's geoooorrrrgeouuuuuusss!

Added to the herbal delights are whiffs of Incredible String Band, Pentangle, and Fairport Convention (although some of that might be an anachronism).

The songs without drums have a crystalline clarity where you can hear every string -- <could gush on but you get the idea>

Beautiful packaging, but you need a microscope to read the inside print.

(Oh, definitely stereo!)

Added to the herbal delights are whiffs of Incredible String Band, Pentangle, and Fairport Convention (although some of that might be an anachronism).

The songs without drums have a crystalline clarity where you can hear every string -- <could gush on but you get the idea>

(Oh, definitely stereo!)

GREAT to hear, halbroome, which begs the question: Will MoFi release any more S & G on SACD?

Seem to recall that BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER was going to be MoFi SACD (thus scotching the Japanese multichannel, grrr).

Still on first listen . . . had never noticed that Art's voice on "For Emily etc." was definitely over-dubbed in places. Loved the Dylan tribute song . . . now "Silent Night" is playing and I'm suddenly in a holiday season mood <insert Xmas emoji here>

(Oh, definitely stereo!)
Back from 3 days of conferences in northwestern Illinois. And....you are KILLING me...I want to hear this...like now.... :)

Seem to recall that BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER was going to be MoFi SACD

No, it was licensed and released on 45 rpm vinyl (2 box set). Not SACD.

R-12179141-1535050746-2300.jpeg.jpg

https://www.mofi.com/product-p/mfsl45us1s-004.htm

Back