Simple Minds "Sparkle in the Rain" (March 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Remember how Steven Wilson mentioned he had remixed two 1980s #1 albums that were to be released?
Well one was obviously "Songs from the Big Chair" by Tears for Fears, but looks like this was the other one!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sparkle-The-Rain-Simple-Minds/dp/tracks/B00QHPSS8I/

As you can see from the picture below, the 5th disc clearly says "5.1 Mix" and it has two logos, one for DVD-V and the other for DVD-A!
Plus It clearly says 5.1 mix next to the majority of the tracks under the disc 5 track listing.

CAN'T WAIT! :) :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

91CVt36MZxL._AA1500_.jpg

I hope there is an alternative to buying the entire box set for one surround disc...plenty of time to get the details before March...good find!

From the preorders listed on amazon.co.uk, looks like they are mirroring the "Songs from the Big Chair" formats: 1CD remaster, 2CD deluxe edition, 5 disc Super Deluxe Edition, and a vinyl remaster.
So I would expect a HFPA Blu-Ray release as well to go along with the already listed formats. :)

I would definitely purchase the single blu-ray but definitely not the box.

Like "Songs from the Big Chair", I'll get both (HFPA and DVD-A in box)
Looks like it will be another amazing reissue with lots of great content.
We are very fortunate indeed! :)

If I can score it at a good price I'll probably get a copy. I would have liked to have seen some of the b-side stuff get 5.1 mixes a la the XTC stuff.

Back