Snood need some quick speaker help Looking at Elac B6 2.0 Shelf Speakers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think about going with the pioneers over the elacs, same engineer Andrew Jones very good speakers. The sp-bs22-lr are well designed slightly smaller than the elacs your looking at and almost half the price. I gave a pair of pioneers to my son to use as his back surrounds where I used them and was unhappy with everything else I put there including Polks and Klipsch. Finally put my 4 way Sony floorstandings to get back the full range balance I had with those Andrew Jones pioneers. My 2 centavos

Thank you dave & 4 Earred - Wellllllll Snood bought these they were on Mega sale - I noticed on Amazon 50 percent off :eek: (been watching them forever), but check Best Buy and yes they were also half off from Magnoila - would rather get fdirect from Best Buy then have Amazon shipping do whatever they do boxes lol :rolleyes:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/search...rue&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

It is the frist one then scroll down for the center on sale for 139

Normally 299 a pair were on sale for 149 a pair and the center was also 50 percent off normally 280 and was 139 :eek:

Snood also had 170 bux Bext Buy gift Cards left - Snood got all 5 pick up at local Best Buy and with tax included for 298 dollars

So got 880 dollars worth of fun for 298 :LB:SB:LB

Snood can't do big floor speakers for small room - down the road perhaps will move to floor standing, but for now while taking care of Momma Snood these will do. :QQlove

Me thinx me did OK :unsure:

Looks like a good deal. Whatever you decide, getting the center channel that matches sonically is a good idea. At least, it worked well for me years ago when I bought NHT Classic Threes with matching center. If you have the room, I don;t think it's overkill to get the same Elacs for the Rears. Good luck!

Looks like a good deal. Whatever you decide, getting the center channel that matches sonically is a good idea. At least, it worked well for me years ago when I bought NHT Classic Threes with matching center. If you have the room, I don;t think it's overkill to get the same Elacs for the Rears. Good luck!

Thanks Hugo and they just emailed me that they are ready for Pick up toooooooooooooomoooooorrrow :LB:LB

Thank you dave & 4 Earred - Wellllllll Snood bought these they were on Mega sale - I noticed on Amazon 50 percent off :eek: (been watching them forever), but check Best Buy and yes they were also half off from Magnoila - would rather get fdirect from Best Buy then have Amazon shipping do whatever they do boxes lol :rolleyes:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/search...rue&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

It is the frist one then scroll down for the center on sale for 139

Normally 299 a pair were on sale for 149 a pair and the center was also 50 percent off normally 280 and was 139 :eek:

Snood also had 170 bux Bext Buy gift Cards left - Snood got all 5 pick up at local Best Buy and with tax included for 298 dollars

So got 880 dollars worth of fun for 298 :LB:SB:LB

Snood can't do big floor speakers for small room - down the road perhaps will move to floor standing, but for now while taking care of Momma Snood these will do. :QQlove

Me thinx me did OK :unsure:
Looks like you did good. Enjoy!!!

Thanks Hugo and they just emailed me that they are ready for Pick up toooooooooooooomoooooorrrow :LB:LB

Just make sure you observe the correct polarity on each and every speaker and judge them after a two week break in period. I made the mistake of having a friend hook up my speakers and he screwed up the polarity BIG TIME.

So glad you treated yourself to new speakers, Snood.

Thank You everybody for the input :LB - picked them up today at Best Buy - the Center channel box had a bit of damage (hole in side) didn't see any damage - requested a new one with better box lol but they only had more bookshelf - said return til Jan 9th - but opened when i got home - hole was on the backside and no damage.

Gonna take my time getting my stuff together - got about lil over 5 months til retire. Last thing need - is decent not super expensive speaker stands - the center is a monster at 23 inches long :eek:

So any suggestions on koo speaker stands that wont cost more than my frankenstein garage sale best buy sale components lol

Snood means like less than say 100 a pair or less and about same for center:unsure: cant be spending bunches on stands:geek:

Thank You everybody for the input :LB - picked them up today at Best Buy - the Center channel box had a bit of damage (hole in side) didn't see any damage - requested a new one with better box lol but they only had more bookshelf - said return til Jan 9th - but opened when i got home - hole was on the backside and no damage.

Gonna take my time getting my stuff together - got about lil over 5 months til retire. Last thing need - is decent not super expensive speaker stands - the center is a monster at 23 inches long :eek:

So any suggestions on koo speaker stands that wont cost more than my frankenstein garage sale best buy sale components lol

Snood means like less than say 100 a pair or less and about same for center:unsure: cant be spending bunches on stands:geek:
I saw the Elac speaker stand - ha! cost more than the speakers! You could get something relatively inexpensive like this:
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_051NF...MI04m7uqnh3gIVhYSzCh07kQH6EAQYASABEgL5EvD_BwE

I have 30" height that are similar at work and they're fine. But as I have watched you find deal after deal, no doubt you get someone to pay you to take them.

By the way, do you already have a sub to round out your new speakers?

yeah its an old Onkyo sub - think its good enough :unsure: - It not the best but sounds fine with my sheeeety speakers now:unsure:

I have a SKW 330 but it is not powered and also I have had an SKW 520 which me plan on using for the setup that is powered and is perfect match black wood just like the Elacs

The 520 looks like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/173352493237

the 330 looks like this https://www.bing.com/images/search?...608015905556335029&selectedIndex=1&ajaxhist=0

Think the 520 should be fine? ..... Snood hopes :unsure:

Last edited:
I saw the Elac speaker stand - ha! cost more than the speakers! You could get something relatively inexpensive like this:
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_051NF...MI04m7uqnh3gIVhYSzCh07kQH6EAQYASABEgL5EvD_BwE

I have 30" height that are similar at work and they're fine. But as I have watched you find deal after deal, no doubt you get someone to pay you to take them.

By the way, do you already have a sub to round out your new speakers?

These looooook kooo tooo :unsure: and maybe a lil cheaper by the pair Thank you Hugo :LB

I just did some reading about those Elac speakers you bought and everything I read says they are a huge bang for buck, beating many speakers that are twice the price or more, not even including your amazing deal on them. Congrats buddy! I'm sure they'll be amazing with your new Denon! :LB

I built my own speaker stands, but I'm sure they're not as rock solid as some nice professionally made stands. I made sure to measure the height from the floor to where my ears are when sitting on my couch, and measured on the speaker itself from bottom up to tweeter to make sure I built them so that the tweeters were at my ear height. Actually just an inch or two above. If they're too low they will sound a bit more dry and dull, especially on carpet or big rugs, too high and they can get too reflective and reverby/bouncy, reacting with the room and sounding less articulate/focused.

My center channel is lower than my mains to fit below my projector screen, but I designed it with an angle so that it also points right at my ears or just above. They do make specific center channel stands as they are usually much wider than your mains. Also, if you have a tv in the room, some people actually put their center channel on top of the tv cabinet, maybe with a towel or some kind of fabric/material above and below the speaker to avoid scratching the speaker cabinet, with the tv sitting directly on top of the center speaker. Ideally for movies, you want the center channel as close as possible to the screen to anchor the dialog to what you're seeing on screen. Makes it more life-like and natural.

From what I've read, for movies, it's best to have the surround speakers a little higher, maybe two to three feet above your ear height, so that they blend better and aren't too 'pointed', but with music a bit lower, like maybe a foot or so above, but you still don't want your surrounds pointing straight into your ears. I sort of split the difference between higher for movies/lower for surround music.

Anyway, blah, blah, blah, just trying to help throw out some ideas to help get yer nanners rockin'! :SG Congrats again buddy! :SB

Back