Snood need some quick speaker help Looking at Elac B6 2.0 Shelf Speakers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go for it Snood. I'd order two, at least [what are you going to do with ONE] and fill those puppies with SAND from Snood's childhood sandbox and let 'em RIP! You are of course referring to those MONOLITH stands, aren't you?

See the source image

Snood: pre~audiophile days

Soon to be me now - Snood playing with Sand :LB Yes Monoliths

CONGRATS TO THE SNOOD FOR HIS NEW 'BABIES,' weighing in at an astonishing 39 lbs!

Not delivered yet and must fattened them up wit Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

Let me ask a Snoopid question.........Is the play sand they sell at Home Depot or Lowes OK? 🤗 :unsure: 🤗

Well The search for me center speaker stand continues - Snood got the 2 Monoliths in and they will be goo to great fro my Elac Bookshelf speakers, but the top plate is only about 6 by 8.5/9 inches and even putting it sideways my Elac center being 23 inches by 10 inches just smothers it - way to massive for these.

Snood could use 2 side by side but that would kind of be a pain moving them from time to time. So urrrrrrrrrgh :rolleyes:

If ya see anything about 32 inches high that can handle my specs........So keep an eye out for Snoooooooood

Looks like Might have to special order the wood one, but that alone is about 240 o_O

Soooooooooo after scouring the internet Snood ran into some Center speaker stands sold at Guitar Store - only thing is they don't have them for sale in Florida - So Snood scoured more and found a Seller selling them on Ebay - found them on Amazon too but only sold in pairs and not both styles

On Ebay Seller with great feedback does have them sold not in pairs - half the price

Sooooooo here is what Me thinks me might be getting........this one is not metal and can not be filled with sand, but it is for my center speaker only - wood maybe compressed wood...probably - my other bookshelf stands are the monoliths at 32 inches but the Elacs are 14.7 high so figure the center at 36 inches and the speaker height is 7 inches high. :unsure: Would put my center about right in the middle height of my fronts&rears

The bigger one would be more sturdier - my center is 23 pounds, but these are supposed to hold 60 and 150 pounds - but my center speaker depth is 11.5 inches and the depth of the bigger one is 16 (meaning no speaker overhang, which me guess is not such a great thing) where as the smaller one top is only 12 inches .....so dunno

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Argosy-XS3...026306?hash=item4d36274a02:g:ax8AAOSwPcVVwRAX Top Plate 16x18 Bottom 20x24 140.00 single

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Argosy-SS3...686845?hash=item567971c5fd:g:6M4AAOSwgQ9VwQ33 Top 12x12 Bottom 16x16 90.00 single

What yall thinx?? :unsure:

Know they not metal, but maaaan Snood is having a tough time finding a metal center speaker stand that is at least 32 inches high or a regular speaker stand that might be passable as center speaker stand with a top plate bigger than 6 x 9 🤪

Why cant you take a stand similar to the left right fronts and bolt on a larger top platform? You can get a sheet of something like 1/2" black acrylic or black Starboard cut to size locally or order a custom cut size off eBay.

Soooooooooo after scouring the internet Snood ran into some Center speaker stands sold at Guitar Store - only thing is they don't have them for sale in Florida - So Snood scoured more and found a Seller selling them on Ebay - found them on Amazon too but only sold in pairs and not both styles

On Ebay Seller with great feedback does have them sold not in pairs - half the price

Sooooooo here is what Me thinks me might be getting........this one is not metal and can not be filled with sand, but it is for my center speaker only - wood maybe compressed wood...probably - my other bookshelf stands are the monoliths at 32 inches but the Elacs are 14.7 high so figure the center at 36 inches and the speaker height is 7 inches high. :unsure: Would put my center about right in the middle height of my fronts&rears

The bigger one would be more sturdier - my center is 23 pounds, but these are supposed to hold 60 and 150 pounds - but my center speaker depth is 11.5 inches and the depth of the bigger one is 16 (meaning no speaker overhang, which me guess is not such a great thing) where as the smaller one top is only 12 inches .....so dunno

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Argosy-XS3...026306?hash=item4d36274a02:g:ax8AAOSwPcVVwRAX Top Plate 16x18 Bottom 20x24 140.00 single

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Argosy-SS3...686845?hash=item567971c5fd:g:6M4AAOSwgQ9VwQ33 Top 12x12 Bottom 16x16 90.00 single

What yall thinx?? :unsure:

Know they not metal, but maaaan Snood is having a tough time finding a metal center speaker stand that is at least 32 inches high or a regular speaker stand that might be passable as center speaker stand with a top plate bigger than 6 x 9 🤪

4 ear likey the first one snood. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Argosy-XS3...026306?hash=item4d36274a02:g:ax8AAOSwPcVVwRAX Top Plate 16x18 Bottom 20x24 140.00 single

Hey Snood & Blrac,
It's been a while since this thread was updated. I am curious as to how you like the sound from the Elac Debut 2.0 speakers? Strong points? Weak points?
Black Friday is approaching, and I see that Best Buy will have 40% off on select Elac speakers.
I currently have an Elac Debut 2.0 C5.2 center and 2 B5.2 for surrounds. My mains are a pair of Cerwin-Vega D-5 12" 3-way (circa 1985), and a Polk Audio 12" front-firing sub.
Thinking of replacing the C-V mains with Elac F6.2's.
I always liked the sound of the C-V D-5's, but it became glaringly apparent of the tonal mis-match with the Elacs when I listened to "Her Majesty" in 5.1 from Abbey Road as the sound traveled around all 5 speakers. :eek:

Thanks for your help.
Ray

Hey RJ sorry man been busy with retiring and Mom stuff- have yet to put system together yet - its beeeeen awhile I know but life and other stuff - looking on doing it December or January though.

Try Pming Blrac in QQ - if he does not reply here

Yeah I got mine 50 percent off on every facet of the Elacs at Best Buy was like :eek: 40 percent would be Aweeeesome

I paid like 150 for 2 Elac Debuts and bought 2 sets =300 and 140 for the Elac Debut Center - Sub was 224 -- plus taxes - just looked and wow still a bargain :LB

I got 4 Earred and a few others on my butt to get the system up and running all the time lol

Yep Hold out if you can for Black Friday even better pricing maybe - yeah I got these on Nov 18th and the sub Nov 23rd last year - I see there is a 25 percent off now..........keep watching it. I woke up one morning and saw my list on Amazon had went down on these 50 percent so I check Best Buy which I really like.........was like Whaaaaaaaa. Had buncha gifts cards toooooooooooo - Happy shopping - let us know what ya do and how ya like

OK 4 Earred flame me now lol

My system is up and running. I think it is a very big upgrade from the Polks I had before. If it is a well mixed song and clarity is good, they sound amazing. They are unforgiving for poor quality recordings though. I got the B stock and can't find a single flaw with them. Not sure if it was a better deal or not, but I was happy with it. I have the F6.2 speakers for the bigger drivers...2 fronts, center, and 2 bookshelf for my 5.1 system. I also bought the angled to ceiling atmos speakers. I am ready for the atmos stuff to come about and utilize them, but can't tell much from them currently with the fake atmos I make my receiver play. I went with a pair of svs sb12 subs because they are hands down the best buy out there. I already had a pair and it was a no brainer for me to get another. They sound equally good with movies as well as music, but currently mainly used for movies. I have a much better set of speakers for music when I venture into my basement. But for the money, I would highly recommend these to anyone. The better the deal you get, the better the steal these are. Definitely one of the best bang for buck speakers available.

I ended up getting 2 ELAC Debut 2.0 F6.2 speakers after the price dropped to $276 each. They arrived today!
So far I am very impressed. I was a bit worried that the bass would be lacking, but these towers provide a surprising amount of bass. The imaging is incredible - very transparent, and the speaker locations seem to disappear at times.
Very happy camper here! :dance

That Elac speaker has developed too much sibilance, a harsh s sound that was not there at the beginning of use. Changed to a JBL centre with an Infinity EMIT tweeter :alien: (Right width to fit under TV is a necessity).

Back