Snood need some quick speaker help Looking at Elac B6 2.0 Shelf Speakers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve never owned the Pangea. Only heard good things about them. I really like my VideoSecu stands because of the precise height adjustability and how they secure the speaker to the stand by clamping. Although, with my present setup, I’m only using one pair on my surround speakers. My front bookshelves are way too big for them.

BTW, Snood, do you have a flatscreen TV which will figure into your set up. Wise Words: ensure the center of your eye meets the center of the screen or you'll strain your neck if it's elevated!

I am Kooo with me screen being a lil higher me likes it like that

OK now 4 Eared & Perp I am looking at these Monoprice thingys as my speaker stands, there is review on there that says he/she uses one of these for their heavy center speaker - says

Great For Large Center Channel Home Theater Speakers
Well-made, attractive, sturdy, and they do the job!

Another person says

These are very nice stands.
All steel construction. 19.2 lbs. when assembled.
Each leg will hold 5 lbs. of sand, thus making this stand weigh 39.2 lbs. when fully "dampened". Dampening of steel speaker stands is a must regardless of brand.
These stands are a fantastic value. I'm an audiophile and can vouch for their functionality and overall quality.
No "cable management" but that's easily solved.

Me thinks filled with sand these things will be sturdy at 39 pounds for sure lol - Great for my Bookshelf Elacs - but Dunno if this would be good for Elac Center center https://www.bestbuy.com/site/elac-d...nel-speaker-black-ash/6198595.p?skuId=6198595

• Product Height
    7.61 inches
  • Product Width
    23.4 inches
  • Product Depth
    10.6 inches
  • Product Weight
    25.4 pounds

:unsure: 🤗 :unsure:

I am Kooo with me screen being a lil higher me likes it like that

OK now 4 Eared & Perp I am looking at these Monoprice thingys as my speaker stands, there is review on there that says he/she uses one of these for their heavy center speaker - says

Great For Large Center Channel Home Theater Speakers
Well-made, attractive, sturdy, and they do the job!

Another person says

These are very nice stands.
All steel construction. 19.2 lbs. when assembled.
Each leg will hold 5 lbs. of sand, thus making this stand weigh 39.2 lbs. when fully "dampened". Dampening of steel speaker stands is a must regardless of brand.
These stands are a fantastic value. I'm an audiophile and can vouch for their functionality and overall quality.
No "cable management" but that's easily solved.

Me thinks filled with sand these things will be sturdy at 39 pounds for sre lol - Great for my Bookshelf Elacs - but Dunno if this would be good for Elac Center center https://www.bestbuy.com/site/elac-d...nel-speaker-black-ash/6198595.p?skuId=6198595

• Product Height
    7.61 inches
  • Product Width
    23.4 inches
  • Product Depth
    10.6 inches
  • Product Weight
    25.4 pounds

:unsure: 🤗 :unsure:

Very nice center channel, Snood. The MONOLITH thingy has a pretty wide shelf and should easily accomodate that center channel. Do you have a Flatscreen TV in the middle of your proposed set~up?

Last edited:
Very nice center channel, Snood. The MONOPRICE thingy has a pretty wide shelf and should easily accomodate that center channel. Do you have a Flatscreen TV in the middle of your proposed set~up?

nah shelf is only 8.5 x 6 inches :unsure:

My Depth overhang would be fine, but the Width would leave about 7 inches overhang on each side :unsure: seems like a lot

$324.95 for 5

Estimated Shipping
*International orders will be calculated at checkout.

Standard: 3-5 Business Days $135.62
Estimated Total$460.57

Total Savings$25.00

Hmmmm my order of 4 Pangeas and the custom center would be hmmmmm 472 plus tax :unsure: :unsure: The custom Center would be about 199 plus 35 shipping.......just dunno if the monoprice would work on the center

Last edited:
see above Snood post amended

NOT an outrageous price for 5 pretty awesome speaker stands....and your black ash finished ELACS should look pretty well integrated with the stands. You could always anchor the center to the stand with that heavy duty double stick tape. I wouldn't worry about the overhang on the sides ...... will probably be nigh impossible to find a stand that wide which would integrate with the other 4 speakers.

https://www.amazon.com/XFasten-Double-Woodworking-Yellow-Backing/dp/B07F1BJN6D

NOT an outrageous price for 5 pretty awesome speaker stands....and your black ash finished ELACS should look pretty well integrated with the stands. You could always anchor the center to the stand with that heavy duty double stick tape. I wouldn't worry about the overhang on the sides ...... will probably be nigh impossible to find a stand that wide which would integrate with the other 4 speakers.

https://www.amazon.com/XFasten-Double-Woodworking-Yellow-Backing/dp/B07F1BJN6D

I was just going to use some of this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JRZQLX8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 unless people say it sucks or Snood should not?

I was just going to use some of this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JRZQLX8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 unless people say it sucks or Snood should not?

Actually, I was thinking of blue tack myself ........ Hey, Snood, you saved a bundle on those beautiful speakers so what the hell ....... you need something rugged and those stands do look pretty amazing and are not outrageously priced. And who better to spend the money on than the TOP :LBhimself [and of course MaMa Snood, bless her❤]!

We ONLY LIVE ONCE ..... unless you believe in Reincarnation .......🌈

If that’s what you’d prefer, but I think you’d be going backwards. :unsure:

See the source image

Well looks like I can order these from Amazon - they are listed as being more expensive but with Prime and even with tax - it would save me about 61 dollars coming in just under 400 at 398.20 with a 7.81 discount promo from Amazon hmmmmmm.

I might just order 1 or 2 of these babies and see how they come out then if all is koo order the other 2 or 3 :unsure:

Whatcha think 4Earred & Perpy & everybody?? :LB

Well looks like I can order these from Amazon - they are listed as being more expensive but with Prime and even with tax - it would save me about 61 dollars coming in just under 400 at 398.20 with a 7.81 discount promo from Amazon hmmmmmm.

I might just order 1 or 2 of these babies and see how they come out then if all is koo order the other 2 or 3 :unsure:

Whatcha think 4Earred & Perpy & everybody?? :LB

Go for it Snood. I'd order two, at least [what are you going to do with ONE] and fill those puppies with SAND from Snood's childhood sandbox and let 'em RIP! You are of course referring to those MONOLITH stands, aren't you?

See the source image

Snood: pre~audiophile days

Last edited:
Blu-tack rules. I secure my cabinet fronts with it (stops vibrations when watching/listening at high volumes), and got it holding lots of things together in the car and house too. Never used it on speakers but I remember using it to stick posters up on my wall when I was a kid and it stained the corners a bit. Paper stock is more porous than a sealed wood speaker box though so staining might not happen/be as obvious.

Back