Some Top Multichannel SACDs to Play on Your SACD Player

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
As more Multichannel SACDs come out, it's getting harder to recommend a "Top 10" list. Here are some I'd recommend:

* Ginuwine - The Life (Epic ES 69622)
* Jarvi, Norrlands Symph Orch - Music of John Adams (CCnC M01912 SAC D)
* Bucky Pizzarelli - Swing Live (Chesky CHSA 223)
* James Taylor - Hourglass (Columbia CS 67912)
* Mary Chapin Carpenter - Time* Sex* Love* (Columbia CS 85176)
* Peter White - Glow (Columbia CS 85212)
* O' Jays - Ship Ahoy (Epic ES 32408 )
* Jeff Beck - Blow by Blow (Epic ES 85440)
* Herbie Hancock - Headhunters (Columbia CS 65123)
* Jerry Goldsmith - Film Music of Jerry Goldsmith (Telarc SACD-60433)
* Kunzel, Cincinnati Pops - Nice 'N' Easy (Telarc SACD-60532)
* Jason Miles & Various Artists - Celebrating Music of Weather Report (Telarc SACD-63473)
* Monty Alexander, Sly Dunbar, Robbie Shakespeare - Monty Meets Sly & Robbie (Telarc SACD-63494)
* Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells (Virgin SACDV 2001)

I have the 2 Billy Joel Multichannel SACDs. But I have to say that on my SACD setup, the ones listed above are even better!

Now that the SACD labels are starting to crank out the Multichannel titles, picking only the Top 10 or so is getting tougher each week!

And speaking of fine Multichannel SACDs, have you heard the Ginuwine SACD yet? Wow, amazing clarity and sound on that one.

As more Multichannel SACDs come out, it's getting harder to recommend a "Top 10" list. Here are some I'd recommend:

* Ginuwine - The Life (Epic ES 69622)
* Jarvi, Norrlands Symph Orch - Music of John Adams (CCnC M01912 SAC D)
* Bucky Pizzarelli - Swing Live (Chesky CHSA 223)
* James Taylor - Hourglass (Columbia CS 67912)
* Mary Chapin Carpenter - Time* Sex* Love* (Columbia CS 85176)
* Peter White - Glow (Columbia CS 85212)
* O' Jays - Ship Ahoy (Epic ES 32408 )
* Jeff Beck - Blow by Blow (Epic ES 85440)
* Herbie Hancock - Headhunters (Columbia CS 65123)
* Jerry Goldsmith - Film Music of Jerry Goldsmith (Telarc SACD-60433)
* Kunzel, Cincinnati Pops - Nice 'N' Easy (Telarc SACD-60532)
* Jason Miles & Various Artists - Celebrating Music of Weather Report (Telarc SACD-63473)
* Monty Alexander, Sly Dunbar, Robbie Shakespeare - Monty Meets Sly & Robbie (Telarc SACD-63494)
* Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells (Virgin SACDV 2001)

The Ginuwine and Mary Chapin Carpenter SACDs are superb!

I highly recommend both 5.1 mixes, even if the musics not your ordinary cup of tea, you might still get into them on their excellent surround sound alone!

The Ginuwine and Mary Chapin Carpenter SACDs are superb!

I highly recommend both 5.1 mixes, even if the musics not your ordinary cup of tea, you might still get into them on their excellent surround sound alone!

I heard the Ginuwine in 5.1 SACD Surround at an SACD Demo put on by Sony and their SACD Guru Dr. Demery when it first came out.
As you said, even if that isn't your musical cup of tea, it's a must have for Surround fans. Excellent !

I heard the Ginuwine in 5.1 SACD Surround at an SACD Demo put on by Sony and their SACD Guru Dr. Demery when it first came out.
As you said, even if that isn't your musical cup of tea, it's a must have for Surround fans. Excellent !

wow! Really!? that must have been quite an experience, for you to be at the very forefront of 5.1 SACD as it was all happening!

you must have loads of stories to share with the group!

you know, I'd like to shake that Dr.Demery by the hand, if he was one of SACDs heroes!

SACD may not be perfect -- but it has brought me years of surround joy!

I'm still discovering things from 10 years ago on the format in Multichannel, that disappeared totally under the radar.. and many of them are fantastic!

I played the Ginuwine SACD for my (only "real-life".. how sad!) surround buddy Paul, when he came over the other week and he was very impressed with the surround mix!

The next day he went hunting for it!

I've just PM'd Jon Urban on here to ask if he could possibly create new QQ Hi-Rez Polls for the Ginuwine SACD, together with the Amanda Marshall, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Mary Mary, Kelly Rowland and Peter Tosh Columbia SACDs, plus a Poll for the DVDA "Surrounded" by Tipper.

They have all been on heavy rotation since I bought them, they are all SO good.

Ginuwine The Life 5.1 SACD: Just picked this one up for $32 with free shipping on the bay, supposedly new and sealed. If it's the real deal I'll finally be able to open the sealed one I've had for years. I know it sounds strange but some of these obscure discs just do that to me.

Back