Sony Blu-Ray Players used for SACD ripping

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All,

I have now done around 15 of these discs, and for the 1st time ran into an issue. Has anyone tried to rip Love Over Gold By Dire Straits. I repinged, tested and they both work but received this error message
Response result non-zero or disc opened
libsacdread: Can't open IP address:2002 for reading

[DONE]

Its the only one I have had an issue with so far.

Thanks
Mike

All,

I have now done around 15 of these discs, and for the 1st time ran into an issue. Has anyone tried to rip Love Over Gold By Dire Straits. I repinged, tested and they both work but received this error message

[DONE]

Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike
Is that this one?
https://www.discogs.com/Dire-Straits-Love-Over-Gold/release/3312492Cheers
Mike

All,

[DONE]

Thanks
Mike
Did you take a break from ripping (say 15 or 20 minutes?) My S5100 will have to be re-scripted with the USB occasionally because I believe it goes into a sleep mode and wipes out the script. Just start over and try it again.

I don't need to unplug my machine, just re-introduce the USB in the correct order and make sure you Clear out the old data on the app at the bottom right.
Having said all that, I have found some titles (mostly European Classical titles) that won't rip; oh and also make sure to switch setting from multi-channel to stereo for that Dire Straits.

Hi again.
Just to clear up what I am doing with the software.
I click on SACDExtract GUI.jar
This unzips the package I put the unzipped files (.class) into the same folder.
Then I click on sacd_extract.exe.
This is when I experience the small dos type window.
The application does not open.
Is this the correct sequence?
Thanks
Tim
After you download the package you double click on it, a window will open showing the files, then to extract the files click on "wizard" which will default to the desktop, then click finish. The extracted files will then reside on a folder on your desktop. You click on SACDExtract GUI.jar to run. You don't click on sacd_extract.exe.

Hi,
Ok thanks for that, think as Mike said my problem is indeed with unzipping the SACD EXTRACT-package.
Which programme do you use to do this.
When I click on the package it opens unzipping software.
I have tried the free version of Express Zip and evaluation version of Win Zip
Neither give me a folder on the desktop
Regards,
Tim

Hi,
Ok thanks for that, think as Mike said my problem is indeed with unzipping the SACD EXTRACT-package.
Which programme do you use to do this.
When I click on the package it opens unzipping software.
I have tried the free version of Express Zip and evaluation version of Win Zip
Neither give me a folder on the desktop
Regards,
Tim
Hi Tim
I used win-rar, it gives you options of where to extract the zip file too.
Which I suspect other programmes do as well, but I've never used them.

Once you have it on your desktop you should be good to go.
Cheers
Mike

Problem solved for now.
Just had to right click on the package and select run Java!!!!
Every day is a learning day!
Thanks to all, especially Mike.
Will post ripping success when I have a spare hour or so to attempt.
Tim

Problem solved for now.
Just had to right click on the package and select run Java!!!!
Every day is a learning day!
Thanks to all, especially Mike.
Will post ripping success when I have a spare hour or so to attempt.
Tim

Always good to read about progress Tim!!
It takes a little while to get your head around what is going on but when it all falls into place, you will be joining the 'Take that Sony, Brigade'
Hopefully it wont be long before we hear from you again and you might even wish to join in and share your music likes.... (y)
Cheers
Mike

By the way, as others have said, your Sony player will probably pause after 5 or 6 rips and you just need to go through the USB procedure again to get it up and running. This is what I have to do.

Last edited:
I lost my original USB pen drive. I find it impossible to copy the Autoscript folder to the new one without losing data.

So although the drawer opens on the player it is not possible to open the IP address.

Not pleased.

I lost my original USB pen drive. I find it impossible to copy the Autoscript folder to the new one without losing data.

So although the drawer opens on the player it is not possible to open the IP address.

Not pleased.
Hi
What type of new USB drive are you using and which player are you using to rip?
Cheers
Mike

I lost my USB drive recently and had to redo a new USB...The only problem I suffered, was not getting the Autoscript folder as it should be...didn't follow my own instructions thoroughly enough...doh

Hi
What type of new USB drive are you using and which player are you using to rip?
Cheers
Mike

I lost my USB drive recently and had to redo a new USB...The only problem I suffered, was not getting the Autoscript folder as it should be...didn't follow my own instructions thoroughly enough...doh
Toshiba USB3 16 Gb
Oppo BDP 105
I tried to copy the Autoscript folder from my Downloads folder. Windows 10

Toshiba USB3 16 Gb
Oppo BDP 105
I tried to copy the Autoscript folder from my Downloads folder. Windows 10

That maybe the root of the problem, I would go through the procedure of downloading what is right for your Oppo BDP 105, for the USB stick again and retrying that on the USB stick.
I only use USB2 sticks, brand new with no other data on it. I have no experience of Ripping via the Oppo, so your choice of USB maybe ok.

These are the details for the Autoscript folder:

The USB thumb drive used in ripping SACDs with a Blu-ray player needs to contain a folder called AutoScript at the root level (you can't bury it within an existing folder structure/tree on the thumb drive).

Don't rename the AutoScript folder nor any of it's contents, or place any other files/folders in it. In fact it is a good idea not to go poking around inside the folder contents at all, because one wrong keystroke will mess it up. Even hitting the space bar or carriage return etc... can mess up the actual script, and there is no real reason to access it anyway, as no end-user intervention is required with the AutoScript folder when using the server method of ripping.

The link below the image contain the appropriate AutoScript folder for the Oppo/Cambridge Blu-ray players that are listed as compatible (download the entire enclosing folder called AutoScript):

DropBox.jpg

Oppo-Cambridge

Hope this helps

That maybe the root of the problem, I would go through the procedure of downloading what is right for your Oppo BDP 105, for the USB stick again and retrying that on the USB stick.
I only use USB2 sticks, brand new with no other data on it. I have no experience of Ripping via the Oppo, so your choice of USB maybe ok.

These are the details for the Autoscript folder:

The USB thumb drive used in ripping SACDs with a Blu-ray player needs to contain a folder called AutoScript at the root level (you can't bury it within an existing folder structure/tree on the thumb drive).

Don't rename the AutoScript folder nor any of it's contents, or place any other files/folders in it. In fact it is a good idea not to go poking around inside the folder contents at all, because one wrong keystroke will mess it up. Even hitting the space bar or carriage return etc... can mess up the actual script, and there is no real reason to access it anyway, as no end-user intervention is required with the AutoScript folder when using the server method of ripping.

The link below the image contain the appropriate AutoScript folder for the Oppo/Cambridge Blu-ray players that are listed as compatible (download the entire enclosing folder called AutoScript):

DropBox.jpg

Oppo-Cambridge

Hope this helps

We have lift off! No idea what the difference is but I won't spend too much time wondering. Thank you!

Well, I just discovered this awesome thread and fortunately everything went flawless on my first attempt! I had a Sony BDP-S490 in my closet and now it's a useful treasure :LB. It all worked with my MacBook Pro mid 2012. So I'll start the ripping process of my collection. Thank you Beerking!
Cheers!

Back