Sony SQP-400

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many truckload of BSR record changers had been sold in the seventies? It was everywhere on cheap systems.

That combo unit is very interesting. I've never seen anything like it...probably because I've never looked for something like it.

How many truckload of BSR record changers had been sold in the seventies? It was everywhere on cheap systems.

My first turntable was a BSR McDonald. It included a Shure cartridge. $44 back in 1972. That's $266 in today's money. It was a chunk of change for a teenager back then as $266 is now. It got the job done and was a significant upgrade over the "Magnificent Magnavox." It eventually got a Shibata cartridge and spun many a CD-4.

Here's another example of a Sony SQP-400, but this one's still boxed and with the original speakers.

Sony SQP-400 mint in the box

Looks like there is the remnant of some Christmas wrapping paper or gift tag on the box.

Perhaps some teenager had asked Santa for a quadraphonic hifi system and was so disappointed when this thing turned up under the tree he didn’t even bother to open the box!

Heh, heh, heh!

And, it looks like it's Christmas all over again for some collector. The set sold for $251.53. Neat to have the complete package, but yeah, probably poor decoding abilities.

Last edited:
Back