Soundgarden Superunknown box set coming with 5.1 mix on Blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care what the price is, that 5.1 mix is MINE!!!!

Great to see a brand new mix of a 90s title that represents a truly popular record coming out in 2014, was beginning to wonder if we'd ever see it happen outside the chance of Mr. Wilson and an indie label doing it. UMe have missed the mark completely iwth their HFPA titles, so this announcement puts a hugeass grin on my face.

Will likely pick up the 200g 2LP set as well but it was reading the 5.1 part of the announcement that made me pee myself a little.

I DO care about the price, BUT if the price is right, and I can knock the price down even further with some amazon gift card money by trading in some unwanted items, this 5.1 mix will be MINE! :)

I don't care what the price is, that 5.1 mix is MINE!!!!

Great to see a brand new mix of a 90s title that represents a truly popular record coming out in 2014, was beginning to wonder if we'd ever see it happen outside the chance of Mr. Wilson and an indie label doing it. UMe have missed the mark completely iwth their HFPA titles, so this announcement puts a hugeass grin on my face.

Will likely pick up the 200g 2LP set as well but it was reading the 5.1 part of the announcement that made me pee myself a little.

Absolutely agree!

A little pic teaser:

image.jpg

Great news, but why do us multi-channel lovers have to pony up for a giant box set to get the 5.1 mix? I love Soundgarden, and no doubt will get this, but why are 5.1 mixes often considered a bonus for high ticket items?

Looks expensive, but funnily enough I was listening to this cd earlier today for the first time in ages and remembering how great it was. Am having a bit of a "heavy" day today, currently listening to UFO Obsession - one of the first albums that I bought on release day! Perhaps the heavy listening is due to built up anger after reading that guy dissing King Crimson on the other thread :howl :mad:@:!! Now where's my Rage Against The Machine :smokin

Looks expensive, but funnily enough I was listening to this cd earlier today for the first time in ages and remembering how great it was. Am having a bit of a "heavy" day today, currently listening to UFO Obsession - one of the first albums that I bought on release day! Perhaps the heavy listening is due to built up anger after reading that guy dissing King Crimson on the other thread :howl :mad:@:!! Now where's my Rage Against The Machine :smokin

I listened today Vektor "Black Future". Hard enough? :)

What a welcome surprise! Just reading the track list gets me excited to hear it again. (and for the first time in 5.1 WOW)

I'd imagine it'd be no more expensive than the Eric Clapton Give Me Strength set(hopefully).

This is great news for sure! But, I'll probably hold out for a standalone Bluray, or at least until someone determines if the 5.1 mix is a good one. I don't mind buying a boxed set for a good mix, but not a mediocre one.

Great news! I'll buy this for sure and probably the 5 vinyl 10" on RSD. More 90's music in 5.1!

This is fantastic news and it's definitely a very encouraging sign that a mainstream group like Soundgarden is choosing to release a recording in 5.1. Like everyone else, I have no use for anything other than the Blu ray, but will purchase it unless the package is extremely expensive.

This is fantastic news and it's definitely a very encouraging sign that a mainstream group like Soundgarden is choosing to release a recording in 5.1. Like everyone else, I have no use for anything other than the Blu ray, but will purchase it unless the package is extremely expensive.

Not everyone. Looks like a great set to me.

Depends on the price I just can not afford another big box just to get the 5.1 mix.

Not over-fussed about all the demos and stuff but if the price is low enough ill probably capitulate

Last edited:
Back