Star Wars - The Last Jedi RE-EDIT

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skherbeck

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
For those of you (like me) who were less-than-thrilled with the treatment of Luke in The Last Jedi, here is a version re-edited by an aspiring film editor, and it's a joy. It's not perfect, but some of the aspects that were addressed include:
-Luke Skywalker is back (so long, Jake!)
-General Ackbar gets the death he deserves
-Luke mourns Han
-Carrie Poppins is gone
-Canto Bight serves the plot more efficiently
-and so much more...

Here's a link to stream:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/Io9hILdeiT0S/

Last edited:
I’m not going to run out and see the next movie, but if I hear from reliable sources that it’s good, then I’m open to seeing it. Mostly, I feel pretty apathetic towards Disney Star Wars. I liked Rogue One, and I loved The Force Awakens before I saw where all the story threads would lead to in The Last Jedi. Now I’m ready to sell my Force Awakens blu-Ray. I also have Seasons 1-7 of Game Of Thrones on Blu-ray available for any interested buyers.

Welcome to 2000... ;)

There were two major ones, the Phantom Edit and the Phantom Re-edit. Many great disturbances in the Force from those two...

You definitely don’t hear that everyday...
It helps to entertain the possibility that he was actually a Sith. Makes a lot of sense, since he fucks up the rebels efforts at every turn, excepting the droid battle, during which he pulverizes well more than his fair share, at least as efficiently as any Jedi.
Lucas backed off from this concept for Eps II & III like a coward. Should have stuck with the Darth Jar-Jar story arc, IMO.

That whole thing is a fanboy myth. Jar Jar was never supposed to be a Sith. He was what George Lucas intended, Buster Keaton slapstick moron in the middle of Star Wars.

And I can't agree about only redeeming character, even if ONLY for Qui-Gon Jinn, an amazing representation of what the Jedi Knights were.

I'm curious, but I didn't think Last Jedi was quite the cinematic abortion some people thought it was - it's clearly a better movie than the prequels, but the criticisms that were levelled at it were all fair points. What's worked so well at Marvel, and less so for Lucasfilm and DC and others, was an editor/supervisor with vision who can help a director see the flaws in their vision without directing by proxy. By doing that Marvel has been printing money for Disney, while Star Wars has struggled. Kathleen Kennedy was Lucas mucking around with Disney - Bob Iger's new book implies he wasn't entirely thrilled Lucas installed her before the deal closed and wasn't about to can her so quickly, but she was the wrong choice - they needed someone a generation younger who understood the series viscerally.

Episode 1 is a absolute disaster, and II and III really aren't any better - a lot of interesting stuff happens in Revenge of the Sith, but the moviemaking is still abysmal. I agree Qui Gon and Obi Wan are well-played but they're given atrocious dialogue. The music is first-rate as well, of course.

See I think all three prequels are better than Return of the Jedi. I've always had issue with Episode VI.

My Star Wars Rankings (Numbers 1 & 2 never change; the others shift around from time to time):
1. IV A New Hope
2. V The Empire Strikes Back
3. Rogue 1
4. VI Return Of The Jedi
5. VII The Force Awakens
6. III Revenge Of The Sith
7. I The Phantom Menace
8. Solo
9. II Attack of the Clones
10. VIII The Last Jedi

Back