steven wilson - get all you deserve (blu-ray + dvd + 2cd preorder)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pockets17red

Get All You Deserve, is a high-definition 4 disc (blu-ray, dvd, 2cd) audio-visual set from Steven Wilson.

Filmed in Mexico City and directed by long-time visual collaborator Lasse Hoile during the Grace For Drowning Tour, the set is a superb representation of the spectacular live experience that Wilson and Hoile created for the tour.

Grace For Drowning was the second album released under Wilson's own name, following 2009's exceptionally well-received Insurgentes. The album, released in September 2011, entered the UK top 40 album chart at #34, both the Dutch and German national charts at #22, the US Billboard Rock album chart at #19 (#13 in independent chart) and debuted at #7 in the Polish national charts.

Following the release of Grace For Drowning, Steven embarked on his first ever solo tour, assembling a virtuoso band, featuring Marco Minnemann (drums), Nick Beggs (bass), Theo Travis (flute and sax), Adam Holzman (keys) and Niko Tsonev (guitars), to accompany him. For the shows he worked extensively with Lasse to create a show unlike anything else he had attempted with his other bands, Porcupine Tree, Blackfield, No-Man or Bass Communion.

The shows submerged fans in a rich sensory experience: rear speakers provide surround-sound effects, giant screens show off Lasse's films made specifically to accompany these songs, and cutting-edge lighting designs giving texture to each song.

Get All You Deserve captures one of the key shows from the tour. Recorded at a sold-out Teatro Metropolitan in Mexico City, the gig features tracks from both Wilson's solo albums along with the new, as yet unreleased, track Luminol.

The limited deluxe edition of the 4 disc set (Blu-ray, DVD & 2CD) is packaged in a DVD sized hard-back 40 page book and is now available to pre-order from the Kscope store for the early bird price of £24.99 (+ P&P).

Pre-order now for 24th September 2012 release date.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/stevenwilson/product/65/4008/remove/4008/

There will also be a standard "retail" version of the 4 disc set, a single DVD version and a blu-ray version.

Preview of "Harmony Korine" below
[video=youtube_share;Kzs068VEoeo]http://youtu.be/Kzs068VEoeo[/video]
:banana::banana:

Thats my Pre-order in bargain.

hm, $40.20+shipping+import tax+gst+delivery= about $60 :(
really have no interest or use for DVD Video and CDs, so 60 bucks for Blu Ray alone,
somehow hard to qualify as a bargain.
is there any plans to sell just BR?

hm, $40.20+shipping+import tax+gst+delivery= about $60 :(
really have no interest or use for DVD Video and CDs, so 60 bucks for Blu Ray alone,
somehow hard to qualify as a bargain.
is there any plans to sell just BR?

The last line from the OP says that a stand alone BD will. Be released, although it is not mentioned on the BS page.

The last line from the OP says that a stand alone BD will. Be released, although it is not mentioned on the BS page.
Yep, BurningShed posted on their facebook about the 3 extra editions. They will probably put the pre-orders up for those editions in a couple weeks when Amazon and the other online sites start listing the retail version for pre-order.

I am really looking forward to this. This is an auto-buy for me, although I will wait for the standard bluray version. By the looks of the clip, it should be very good. However, some of those close up shots of Steven are VERY close-up! He is going to be scary big on my projection screen!

71yFckYeXaL._AA1200_.jpg

The back cover (which I like a bit better than the front) :)

Just a bit strange a NTSC logo next to a BD logo. One certainly would like to get 1080p (full HD) instead of 480i (NTSC). Maybe NTSC was just added to indicate a frame rate of 60Hz.
BTW does anybody know what audio-tracks (DTS?) will be on the DVD?

The NTSC logo is there because this first edition includes the concert on DVD as well as Blu ray.

Looking forward to the 5.1 on this. Anesthetize still blows me away.

Well I got shipping notice from Burning Shed today so I should have it in my hands next week sometime!

BS twittered last night that all ROW shipmenst were sent yestrday and Uk shipmenst will be sent today. So i should have mine by the weekend.

Just got mine and my friends copies of the Deluxe Edition in Ohio! BurningShed is so awesome, took only 4 days to get here from the UK!

Received the 4 disc set yesterday from Burning Shed. Fast delivery and a surprising delivery date, as most of the stuff from the UK arrives on Monday or Tuesday.

The BD is great, the film is well done by Lasse Hoile. Musicianship is top notch, Mr. Wilson has a great band to tour with. nice to see they are also recoding the next album together.

Sound and mix is as expected, amazing! It is a live mix a bit like no-man's Mixtaped, meaning guitar and keys also in the rear channels. Not so much use of the center channel, only at certain points in the concert. SW is enjoying himself a lot on stage, walking around to the other musicians and getting absorbed by the music.

Another winner from Steven Wilson, that is for sure.

Back