Steven Wilson - The Raven that Refused to Sing (and other stories) CD/BluRay released Feb. 25th

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
From http://http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/new-album-details/

The new album by Steven Wilson and band “The Raven that Refused to Sing (and other stories)” will be released on Kscope on 25th February. The album was written between January-July and recorded in Los Angeles in September with Steven’s current band line up of Guthrie Govan – lead guitar, Nick Beggs – bass guitar, Marco Minnemann – drums, Adam Holzman – keyboards, Theo Travis – saxophone / flute and engineered by legendary producer/engineer Alan Parsons.

The 6 tracks on the album are based on stories of the supernatural and the deluxe 4 disc edition comes in the form of a 128 page hardback book containing lyrics and ghost stories, illustrated by Hajo Mueller. There will also be stand alone double vinyl, CD and Blu-Ray editions. Pre-orders for the limited deluxe edition will start soon, while the tour to promote the album starts on 1st March in Europe, and will continue throughout the rest of the year visiting many other countries, with many dates yet to be announced.

Track listing:
1. Luminol (12.10)
2. Drive Home (7.37)
3. The Holy Drinker (10.13)
4. The Pin Drop (5.03)
5. The Watchmaker (11.43)
6. The Raven that Refused to Sing (7.57)

I can hardly wait! I am sure I will splurge for the Deluxe Edition just like I did for Grace for Drowning.

Anothyer 4 disc edition! Looking forward to this new album and what the extra content will be. A BD and CD will defintely be there, perhaps a DVD and maybe a second cd with demo's? Time will tell. What we can almost be certain of, is that it will be stellar music and mix. And less than 3 months ahead :)

And good that Steven is offering multiple formats, for each to choose according to budget. Thanks!

Pre-orders at Burning Shed are up,

https://www.burningshed.com/store/stevenwilson/collection/65/

Steven announced on his FB page that a Dutch and German mailorder will be available too, shortly. I will be waiting for that to see what price it will be.

The deluxe edition comes in the form of a 128 page book, illustrated by Hajo Mueller, and features l...yrics and ghost stories. It includes the 6 track 55 minute album on one CD, an exclusive additional CD of demo versions (which themselves are full band studio recordings effectively presenting a full alternate version of the album, with different performances, solos and ideas), a Blu-Ray including high resolution 96K/24bit stereo, 96/24 instrumental versions, a 5.1 surround sound mix also at 96/24, photo galleries and additional artwork, and a studio documentary filmed by Lasse Hoile (some of which has already been previewed on the SW youtube channel). A DVDV is also included for those without Blu-Ray players, although this does not include the instrumental versions and the 5.1 mix is a DTS compressed version. This limited edition 4 disc deluxe book edition is presently available for a special early bird price.

There are also standalone Blu-Ray, CD/DVDV and 2LP vinyl editions.

Dutch and German fans; please note that the deluxe edition will also be available shortly from local mail order companies, so if you hang on for details on that you may save a lot on international shipping.

I pre-ordered the deluxe even though I've not been too thrilled with what I've heard so far...it sure is hard to *stop* collecting something!

The thing that gets me about buying this is shipping! $27 just for that alone! :(
You do know how much it costs to ship internationally right?? That book is heavy!!
I have sold quite a bit of items internationally through eBay so I competely understand the shipping cost. (You also get insured "signed for" shipping.)

Also, pre-ordered this baby and it actually came out to be a bit cheaper than the GFD boxset! ;)

Been listening to an advance copy for the past couple of weeks. Absolutely love it despite some initial criticism from some fans. His best solo effort yet. Detailed review to follow shortly.

Got my shipping notice as well. It'll probably show up while I'm away last next week and I'll have to go pick it up as it needs signing for.

looks like Burning shed doing their usual, worldwide first, EU next then UK for syncronised delivery. hopefully should ahve my hands on this by saturday !!

No notifications here either on either edition.
My account simply shows "ordered, shipping soon, release date Feb 25th"

My Blu-ray shipped the other day.. I love the way Burning Shed prioritizes us people out in the middle of nowhere.... hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week.

Received the limited edition Blu-Ray book/box-set today.
The album in 5.1 is another stunner from Mr. Wilson. Personally I prefer it to Grace for Drowning. In general much warmer and melodic. Two tracks stand out on first listen, Drive Home and The Raven, both slow pieces.
The surround field is wide and enveloping in many places, but scales back for appropriate moments, no gimmicks, just gives an immersive feeling of being in the centre of the musicians without distractions.
One other observation, it has some noise and hum of the analogue/live feel that is noticeable at the end of some tracks. I don't mind it, and in some ways it feels more genuine by being there.
Overall, a very grown-up and less pretentious album than some previous offerings. A very good piece of work indeed.

Received the limited edition Blu-Ray book/box-set today.
The album in 5.1 is another stunner from Mr. Wilson. Personally I prefer it to Grace for Drowning. In general much warmer and melodic. Two tracks stand out on first listen, Drive Home and The Raven, both slow pieces.
The surround field is wide and enveloping in many places, but scales back for appropriate moments, no gimmicks, just gives an immersive feeling of being in the centre of the musicians without distractions.
One other observation, it has some noise and hum of the analogue/live feel that is noticeable at the end of some tracks. I don't mind it, and in some ways it feels more genuine by being there.
Overall, a very grown-up and less pretentious album than some previous offerings. A very good piece of work indeed.

Now I am really hungry ! :smokin

Back