Stickmen-Deep

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterzach

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
I think the 5.1 mix sound great! And as one who is a fan of 1990s-2000s King Crimson, I think the music is pretty groovy, too.

J. D.

Great mix - great sonics! Just a note - there is no mention of 5.1 DVD A on either the Amazon site or the actual packaging - it is however 5.1 96/24 DVD Audio - a real treat! Great job by Neil and BJ Coles - oh and the Stickmen too!

Got this today... Great surround mix with lots happening all over the place...

Attachments

• 002 (900 x 400).jpg
    002 (900 x 400).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 396
Yes, mine arrived from an amazon.co.uk reseller this morning.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deep-Stickm...&qid=1368113136&sr=1-1&keywords=stickmen+deep

I like it, a bit like Tony Levin/Discipline era onwards King Crimson, nice surround mix in Hi-Res 5.1 (thanks to QQ's Neil Wilkes & BJ Cole).

Thanks, Duncan - I did check Amazon before posting (honest!) but for some reason ("user error" most likely) I couldn't find that!

Which re-seller did you use? I want to be sure I get the special edition!

Mine came via skyvo-direct.

Had the week off and 3 surround sound discs turn-up, Stickmen "Deep", Roger Waters "Ca Ira", & Nosound "Afterthoughts", hoping the Better than Ezra turns up this week.:banana:

I can't see them as a seller on that link :( Can I ask how much you paid for it?

...also I'm a bit confused about the format. I posted a note on Tony Levin's Facebook page asking if it would be distributed in Europe. He (or rather his admin) sent me this link:

http://iapetus-store.com/album/deep

But the Special 2-disc CD & DVD Edition description is
"Package includes bonus material: 5.1 DTS surround and uncompressed 96khz/24bit stereo mixes, 65 minute Documentary/concert film "A Little Deeper" and Spanish and Italian language versions of the piece "Crack in the Sky" "

I thought this was a "proper" DVD-A with 5.1 in 96k/24 bit.

Can I ask what audio streams your's has on it as well, please? (sorry to be a pain!)

I can't see them as a seller on that link :( Can I ask how much you paid for it?

...also I'm a bit confused about the format. I posted a note on Tony Levin's Facebook page asking if it would be distributed in Europe. He (or rather his admin) sent me this link:

"Package includes bonus material: 5.1 DTS surround and uncompressed 96khz/24bit stereo mixes, 65 minute Documentary/concert film "A Little Deeper" and Spanish and Italian language versions of the piece "Crack in the Sky" "

Can I ask what audio streams your's has on it as well, please? (sorry to be a pain!)

Mine is a full DVDA

The set in the Amazon UK link is the special edition, not the deluxe edition. Mine is its way to NL. I bought from Amazon itself, but only paid £16.79. Much cheaper than the current Amazon price.

The set in the Amazon UK link is the special edition, not the deluxe edition. Mine is its way to NL. I bought from Amazon itself, but only paid £16.79. Much cheaper than the current Amazon price.

Yes, but according to the link Tony's admin on Facebook provided me with even the Deluxe edition is only DTS. Thoroughly confused! No wonder Joe Public can't be arsed with surround sound when the people selling it can't even get it right.

Yeah, I'm 99% certain it's just advertised incorrectly, but it's relatively expensive for something that's still "in print" so I want to be sure!

Yes, but according to the link Tony's admin on Facebook provided me with even the Deluxe edition is only DTS. Thoroughly confused! No wonder Joe Public can't be arsed with surround sound when the people selling it can't even get it right.
Absolutely agree. Unfortunately this is a recurring scenario where we, as surround fanatics, have to search beneath the surface to get the true story on the specs of the albums that are released in surround. It simply happens too often where the specs are mis-represented buy producers or misquoted by sellers.

My copy is billed as the Special 2-Disc CD & DVD Edition, barcode 884501864749.

States DVD Full Album 5.1 DTS, Hi-Res 24-bit 96kHz stereo mixes on the back, and a sticker on the wrapping which states "Hi-Res 5.1 & Bonus" on it.

There is a multi-channel 5.1 Hi-Res PCM stream (courtesy of QQ's Neil Wilkes no doubt) which my Denon finds without resorting to switching on the TV. I just had a look, and it can be got to via menus.

Mine was £24.83 from amazon.co.uk

Back