Stuff that sounds amazing with the Surround Master

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got the A16 to output from the 16 channel analogue, I hadn't set the right software switch. The problem I now have is that the signal level is so low its barely audible! So I need to find what else I haven't switched on in the A16 settings šŸ˜¬
I don't have my A16 just yet(Kickstarter backer #174) but my understanding from a forum post on headfi is that there is a headphone gain switch next to the volume knob. The gain, which can be set to low, mid or hi, is set by default to low. There's also a caveat that you should not have the headphones plugged in when you reset the gain, otherwise you will get an unpleasant low pop coming through the headphones. Hope this helps!

I don't have my A16 just yet(Kickstarter backer #174) but my understanding from a forum post on headfi is that there is a headphone gain switch next to the volume knob. The gain, which can be set to low, mid or hi, is set by default to low. There's also a caveat that you should not have the headphones plugged in when you reset the gain, otherwise you will get an unpleasant low pop coming through the headphones. Hope this helps!
Thanks, I'd already tried that, to no avail. I need to get the oscilloscope out and probe the signals to see what is going on. I suspect software though!

Thanks, I'd already tried that, to no avail. I need to get the oscilloscope out and probe the signals to see what is going on. I suspect software though!
You probably already know that the latest firmware on the Smyth website is version 1.02 but some people are now reporting receiving their units with version 1.05. There is no report as yet regarding whatā€™s been changed with the new firmware.

Hi. All

Whether I should drop this finding here or not but I am.

I got these from eBay this is a bit of 1960`s Stereo history "Command Records" the LP`s where in good condition I have randomly listened to the 2 set of LP`s 10 off.

These where made for the ( Surround Master V2 ) to transform, and it does it fantastically you have to turn the back channel down quite a bit on the v2 because of instruments hard right & hard left in the Stereo format are quite dominating in the back channels it`s like a triangle shape sound field I love it.
BBQ...
IMG_1002x.jpg

IMG_0976.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0985.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_1000x.jpg

IMG_1001x.jpg

Last edited:
if like me you love ol' EJ and have been pining all these years for those remaining unreleased 5.1 SACDs of Caribou, Don't Shoot Me.., Rock Of The Westies and Blue Moves.. i have some good news for you! i urge you, run (don't walk!) to your shelves, pull out this lil' number from '75 and run it through your Surround Masters in Involve mode --- it sounds sensational..!!! :rocks

LVJtCKn.jpg
I recently acquired this and just played it through the SM v2 - sounds great! :51QQ

Has anyone had a chance to play the Michael Dutton SQ version of Herbie Hancockā€™s ā€œSextant ā€œ album through the SM2?
Yes I have, and I thought it sounded pretty darn discrete for an SQ; I just marvel at the consistent high quality that Michael Dutton and team continue to bestow upon us!
Of course, the remarkable job the Involve Surround Master v2 accomplishes with decoding is undoubtedly equally impressive IMNSHO!

Last edited:
Kenji Omura - First Step

å¤§ę‘å„äŗŒā€“ćƒ•ć‚”ćƒ¼ć‚¹ćƒˆć‚¹ćƒ†ćƒƒćƒ—

Another QS encoded Japanese CD in the Toshiba Pro-Use Series
https://www.discogs.com/Kenji-Omura-First-Step/release/11344607
*Think Larry Carlton from the late 70's; he's definitely got that L.C. shit 335 sound down and I wonder if he used a Dumble amp as well?
Some nice mixing effects in QS, like on track 4 about 5 minutes in; his guitar is centered right at the sweet spot.

folder.jpg

Kenji Omura - First Step

å¤§ę‘å„äŗŒā€“ćƒ•ć‚”ćƒ¼ć‚¹ćƒˆć‚¹ćƒ†ćƒƒćƒ—

Another QS encoded Japanese CD in the Toshiba Pro-Use Series
https://www.discogs.com/Kenji-Omura-First-Step/release/11344607
*Think Larry Carlton from the late 70's; he's definitely got that L.C. shit 335 sound down and I wonder if he used a Dumble amp as well?
Some nice mixing effects in QS, like on track 4 about 5 minutes in; his guitar is centered right at the sweet spot.

View attachment 43268

The PUPSTER šŸ¶ achieving TRUE 5.1 from his Aussie SM v.2

See the source image

Back