Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From CRITERION and director Michael Powell PEEPING TOM [Native UHD4K/HDR10/Dolby Vision/LPCM 2.0 MONO]

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Peeping-Tom-4K-Blu-ray/347876/#Review

30719_7_large.jpg

I watched the Bob Marley biop ONE LOVE last night which is currently streaming on MGM+ in DD 5.1 and was mightily disappointed. It was akin to watching half a movie, IMO. It focused on only 2 years of his life leaving out vital info about his past .... how he was fathered by a caucasian British naval officer and how his mom, ashamed of his being a 'half breed' forced him to sleep under the house when she remarried. All this was glossed over. I did think Kingsley Ben~Adir who played Marley did a spectacular job of embodying the essence of Marley and the rest of the cast was excellent but I agree with the critics that BOB MARLEY ONE LOVE should've been much better.

Bob Marley: One Love (2024)

Last edited:
I watched the Bob Marley biop ONE LOVE last night which is currently streaming on MGM+ in DD 5.1 and was mightily disappointed. It was akin to watching half a movie, IMO. It focused on only 2 years of his life leaving out vital info about his past .... how he was fathered by a caucasian British naval officer and how his mom, ashamed of his being a 'half breed' forced him to sleep under the house when she remarried. All this was glossed over. I did think Kingsley Ben~Adir who played Marley did a spectacular job of embodying the essence of Marley and the rest of the cast was excellent but I agree with the critics that BOB MARLEY ONE LOVE should've been much better.

The trailer made it look pretty bad. I guess that was truth in advertising!

This guy doesn’t remotely make me think of Bob Marley!

This guy doesn’t remotely make me think of Bob Marley!
Due to a very poor script and bad direction, I did think watching the entire flick that actor Kingsley Ben~Adir did a pretty remarkable job. And he actually is better looking than Marley ever was which might throw a lot of viewers off! Ben~Adir also portrayed Malcolm X in ONE NIGHT IN MIAMI ......IMO, he's a very solid actor.

Back