Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went on a movie watching binge yesterday. For the second time, I watched Black Panther, Thor: Ragnorok (liked it better the second time) and Avengers: Infinity War, all in glorious Dolby Atmos. Infinity War is now my favorite Marvel movie. Both the directors did a fantastic job keeping the story balanced. I’m just hoping they don’t muck up part 2.

91fiiLkQ21L._SL1500_.jpg

love the slow thumping deep bass 5.1 DTS-HD MA soundtrack from Shout Factory

I like movies that aren't afraid to be slow

Edit, and since I'm high af, I just noticed the (Shout Factory Collectors Edition) cover illustration was done by The Dude Designs (in the lower left hand side corner of the cover). nice! :)

also Rody's name in the movie is credited as "Nada", another nice JC touch.

Keep an eye out for JC's Christine (1983) 4K coming soon to a Home Theater near you. :)

when the Magazine Rack (remember those? lol) hands "Nada" change:

View attachment 34406
This, movie had the makings of a great sci-fi, it however was ruined by the argument and subsequent fight between the two main characters how strange it so resembles our lives now.

well , it really ain't no "SURROUND MOVIE", but man, I just got home from "2001: a space odyssey" in IMAX!!!!!!
Found out at about 8 PM of a showing at 10:30!!!!
I am a HAPPY KITTY just seeing the circular space station rotating in space on the BIG SCREEN!!!
This is one of my first memories ever... Mom took us to see this in 68 at the Metro theater..(yes , THAT METRO)
Soundtrack music track has seen better days...but the dialog was crisp...

Definitely a trip...

well , it really ain't no "SURROUND MOVIE", but man, I just got home from "2001: a space odyssey" in IMAX!!!!!!

I'm jealous! IMAX is an hour and a half away for me. Did they do the opening 20 minutes of music? When I saw it in '68 the screen had curtains that were closed during the lengthy prologue music, then slowly opened for ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA and the stunning opening image of the alignment.

Last nite on VH1 they did Raiders of the ark, I can't ever remember seeing it with 5.1, and I was surprised at the use of the surrounds, very nice Mix!

I'm jealous! IMAX is an hour and a half away for me. Did they do the opening 20 minutes of music? When I saw it in '68 the screen had curtains that were closed during the lengthy prologue music, then slowly opened for ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA and the stunning opening image of the alignment.
oh heck YEAH!!! Actually, the prologue is not that long...they also did the 20 minute Intermission...

I'm driving from Sacramento to Bakersfield to see it this evening. It's playing locally, but every time I tried to find something closer all that came up was Bakersfield and Seattle. Of course, once I bought my Bakersfield ticket and reserved a motel room, the more convenient showings magically revealed themselves.

Oh well, it's not the farthest I've traveled just to see that movie. You might say I'm a bit of a fan.

Caught a local 70mm showing a while back. If it hadn't been disappointing I wouldn't have "needed" to make this trip.

I'm driving from Sacramento to Bakersfield to see it this evening. It's playing locally, but every time I tried to find something closer all that came up was Bakersfield and Seattle. Of course, once I bought my Bakersfield ticket and reserved a motel room, the more convenient showings magically revealed themselves.

Oh well, it's not the farthest I've traveled just to see that movie. You might say I'm a bit of a fan.

Caught a local 70mm showing a while back. If it hadn't been disappointing I wouldn't have "needed" to make this trip.

You really are a rabid fan. By any chance, did you name your computer HAL?

Well, I had the good fortune to behold 2001 A Space Odyssey at the Dawn of Civilization! So what does that make me........[besides a liar]?

NtKKYN4FRK-2.png

Was going to reply, "Obviously, a tool" but then I had this image of a flying white thing bashing my hard drive, er, head, and thought the better of it :cautious:. Question now, is how long I'll be shut down even for the thought . . . DAISEY . . . Daisey . . . Daaaaaa . . . zeeeeeee.

Back