Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still haven't seen that. Been meaning to forever.

Romper Stomper's a GREAT FLICK and is in desperate need a new 4K remaster!

714VkP8CLsL._SL1147_.jpg

Last edited:
True story! Sometimes when I read a Thread, I don’t see your links or photos right away. It’s not because I miss them, I actually don’t see them. Sorry, about that! 🥶

You know I'm joking, Perp. And why wouldn't you see my links? I thought the Perp was ALL KNOWING...or as they say in Biblical terms: Omniscient! Megamind

Last edited:
Romper Stomper's a GREAT FLICK and is in desperate need a new 4K remaster!
It'd be interesting if they did a Romper Stomper 4K release as it was apparently shot on 16mm. Most of First Man was apparently also shot on 16mm (not sure if the 16mm bits were scanned at 4K though) and while I couldn't tell the difference between the resolution of First Man on BD and 4K, the HDR made a world of difference on the 4K.

All of the 16mm info above is based on stuff I read on the internet which, if you're like me, will take with a healthy dose of skepticism. I have the BD and 4K of First Man though, and the 4K buries the BD thanks to HDR. I trusts my eyes I does - like me earholes.

Y'all read my second paragraph above on the internet though, so you'll have to take it with a healthy dose of skepticism.

I heard a rumour Shawshank Redemption is getting 25th Anniversary 4K UHD release later this year.

I wonder if Pulp Fiction will get one too? Another 1994 movie, that’s never been released on blu-ray: True Lies. There was talk Cameron was working on that a while back...

I heard a rumour Shawshank Redemption is getting 25th Anniversary 4K UHD release later this year.

I wonder if Pulp Fiction will get one too? Another 1994 movie, that’s never been released on blu-ray: True Lies. There was talk Cameron was working on that a while back...
Those are three I’d love to get!

For all you pervs, voyeurs and Sexorcists, William Friedkin's controversial 1980's Thriller CRUISING with Al Pacino as an undercover cop who enters Manhattan's West Village to find a serial killer savagely murdering gays. Arrow Films remastered CRUISING in 4K from the original camera negative and has provided a 5.1 remix of the original monaural soundtrack. And if you recall, CRUISING'S Original Soundtrack was one of the last Stereo SACDs ever released by Audio Fidelity.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Cruising-Blu-ray/101894/#Review
81I%2BC8EzReL._SL1500_.jpg

Cruising (Special Edition) [Blu-ray]

Last edited:
A VERY enjoyable flick, most especially in UHD4K. Those expecting an all out horror fest might me a mite disappointed as it accurately portrayed the plight of 17th Century Puritans ousted from their settlement and forced to face unimaginable obstacles and horrors when cast into the Massachusetts Wilderness alone. Still $10 @ Amazon in cardboard slipcase.

91jnKMfL42L._SL1500_.jpg

See the source image

Last edited:
If your interested in how Lon Bender mixed this into Atmos the extra interview with him is very telling.

Question: What are the challenges of taking an older film and remixing it for atmos?

Lon Bender: The biggest challenge is getting the Masters. I think the Archiving system is effective but takes time but can be a big part of the challenge.

are you listening UMG?

now that I think about it, this guy had the responsibility of mixing The End in Atmos

Father: Yes Son?

Jim: I want to Kill you

Mother: ?

Jim: I want to Fuck you all night baby

Notable Credits

• The Monk
  • Netflix Sonic Signature

The Hunger Games
  • The Bucket List
  • King Arthur
  • The Butterfly Effect

• We Were Soldiers
  • Mission to Mars
  • Inspector Gadget
  • The Prince of Egypt
  • Mulan
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame
  • Legends of the Fall
  • L.A. Story

Last edited:
Our friends Baggy and Little Baggy were right on. DUMBO is incredible entertainment for children/adults of ALL ages. Another magical Tim Burton adventure with a stellar all star cast. LOVED the 3D. On my LG OLED TV it looked like 4K
I’m not sure how you can equate good 3D with 4K. IMO, there is no comparison. I’ll take the 3D any day of the week, my friend. (y)

Yesterday, I opened my Target copy of Avengers Endgame. I didn’t realize how thick this package is. It’s very well done and I highly recommend it over the regular 4K copy or the Best Buy Steelbook. I’d like to post a photo of what it actually looks like but this forum system informs me that my photo files are too large. Plus, I cannot find any photos online that really show all you’re getting. Take my word for it. Get a copy while you can!

Back