Surround Sound Desert Island Disks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is a toughy....

1 jeff beck - blow by blow
2 toy matinee - toy matinee
3 queen - night at the opera
4 fleetwood mac - rumours
5 joni mitchell - court & spark
6 joni mitchell - hissing of summer lawns
7 pink floyd - wish you were here
8 mike oldfield - tubular bells
9 loggins & messina - full sail
10 jethro tull - warchild

Well Bob...has the list changed any?

Well Jon...now that you've had some time to think in over....what is your list?

It's been so long I can't remember! o_O

Now that the title has changed....I just wonder what the lists that Cai Campbell started would be now....he's one of the members I wish was still here today...wish I could have met him...I've spent a lot of time on the old forum reading his posts...

+1
Even though I haven't been a poster long, I was an avid reader for years and have read many of Cai's posts, and I still like or love his posts as it helps keep his spirit here alive.

I also must consider my answer carefully, as some of the more apparent obvious choices, turn out to be no goes, as they're great, but have been played/heard too much. Like DSOTM and even Brothers in Arms:eek:

It's hard to believe it's been over 10 years since Cai's been here. Still a bit shocking when you think about it all. I never spoke with him, only emails. A very enthusiastic guy.

I too love to see his words pop up here in the forum from time to time. His thoughts are still with us, deep in the thread trail of the forum.

This is a tough one of course because the question arises, since you might be on this desert isle for an indeterminate amount of time, are you going to bring 10 35-45 minute recordings or something of substance like BOX sets with hours upon hours of music.....while you search for 'driftwood' to warm your bod and shelter from the blistering heat and cool, sometimes moonless🌑nights under the endless✨💫stars?

And then which format? BD~A, DVD~A, SACD or RBCDs❓❓ ......... Since you'll be at a LOSS anyway ....... might as well bring LOSSLESS!

Ah, Wilderness .........🅿ress 🅿lay ... to begin your adventure

See the source image

Message in a Bottle by the Police?🍾

On An Island [David Gilmour]?🏝

Rachmaninoff: Isle of the Dead?🏴‍☠️

Gimme Shelter ... The Stones?⛱

Rescue Me ....Jared Leto/KillaGraham?🚢

Handel's Water Music? 🌊

Martin Denny's Exotic Village👣

Chris Squire's Fish Out Of Water? 🧜‍♂️

REM: It's the End of the World ...as we know it?🙉

The Beatles: