Symbion Project - Misery in Soliloquy (quad surround + stereo cd)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I know why the Wav does not play on the Oppo's, it has a tag on it, I've tried to add tags to stuff before and it rendered the files unplayable so I gave up on the idea. So no tags, should play.

Kasson - I downloaded and listened to your song. How very cool! Very nice song and I think the surround sounds excellent. If that is the vibe of the album, I absolutely love it.
Gene

Wife just left, so now I'm turning it up. Sounds even better loud! :) I thought the cover art I chose matches the music.

chime.jpg

Well it's this sort of Electronikky, Droney, Ambienty, Industrial, Proggy, Big Beatty, Drum & Bassy, Techno, Trancey, Psychedelia, Housey, Synthpoppy thing, :yikes and I've probably left out a few other genres that it could find it's way into, and it comes at you from 4 directions, and, if you're lucky a sub woofer too! Really nicely put together, an excellent effort to have knocked together in your spare bedroom:D Very involving, like whats that over there? oh and that coming from over there? very enjoyable.

Haha amazing ~ I love this review!

Well it's this sort of Electronikky, Droney, Ambienty, Industrial, Proggy, Big Beatty, Drum & Bassy, Techno, Trancey, Psychedelia, Housey, Synthpoppy thing, :yikes and I've probably left out a few other genres that it could find it's way into, and it comes at you from 4 directions, and, if you're lucky a sub woofer too! Really nicely put together, an excellent effort to have knocked together in your spare bedroom:D Very involving, like whats that over there? oh and that coming from over there? very enjoyable.

Hello all

Big announcement time:
The newest Symbion Project album Arcadian is now available in both 4 channel WAV and 5.1 FLAC formats!!
Additionally, the 2009 album Misery in Soliloquy (originally released in DTS quad surround on DVD) is now re-mastered and available digitally in both 4 channel WAV and 5.1 FLAC formats!!
They are $15usd each (or if you'd like to contribute more that's always appreciated as I make my living being a musician) or you can get both for $25usd.
For those that have already purchased Misery on DVD and want a free download of the updated digital version, write me at [email protected] and I'll hook you up! :)

Arcadian: https://symbionproject.bandcamp.com/merch/arcadian-quad-surround-4-channel-wav-or-51-flac
Misery in Soliloquy: https://symbionproject.bandcamp.com/merch/misery-in-soliloquy-quad-surround-4-channel-wav-or-51-flac
Quad Bundle of both albums: https://symbionproject.bandcamp.com/merch/quad-bundle-arcadian-misery-in-soliloquy-quad-surround

With a purchase of each you'll also get the stereo version of the album. Once purchased, I'll send you a link to download either/both the WAV and FLAC versions. The download sizes are 1.43GB (FLAC) and 1.8GB (WAV).
For Arcadian, there are also cool t-shirts and a lasercut metal logo available if interested: http://symbionproject.bandcamp.com/merch

Question for this group ~ I'd love to post this info on a new QQ thread so that it's not buried deep in this old one. Which forum is appropriate for me to post this info to expose the wider community to these 2 releases?

Some details on the Quad versions of Arcadian & Misery in Soliloquy:
- 4 channel 44.1KHz, 24bit files; The 5.1 FLAC contains silent Center and LFE channels.
- The channel assignment for the WAV version is Front Left, Front Right, Back Left, Back Right. For the 5.1 FLAC its Front Left, Front Right, Center, LFE, Back Left, Back Right.
- The mastering for both albums is slightly quieter than the stereo versions to allow more dynamic range and less crushing at the loudest sections.
- The songs were originally mixed on ADAM P22a near-field monitors (ribbon tweeters). The mastering was done on both the ADAM's and a matched set of Yamaha HS7 near-field monitors.
- The songs were mastered based on full-frequency speakers with no sub, so you'll need to tweak your speakers levels to taste. I mixed/mastered with my location being equidistant from all 4 speakers.

Thanks again for all the support, help, and encouragement this community has given me over the years. It's really appreciated. Getting the opportunity to make surround versions of my music is both extremely satisfying for me creatively and knowing that there are passionate listeners out there who love the experience!

~kasson

Hi Kasson,

Ordered! This is good way to get surround from outside of the UK!

Today I had to go to the Royal Mail Sorting Office to collect my Firegarden discs and pay £3.25 ($4.10) import duty & £8.00 ($10.08) tax handling fees, so £11.25 ($14.18) on an album that cost $20/£15.87 - so its actually cost $34.18/£27.12. Which if all the additional money had all gone to the musicians I would have been happy.

Cheers

Duncan

I can't tell you how happy I am to find a solution that gets around shipping outside the US. Between the cost on my end to ship, and the cost on your end for tariffs/tax/duty, I can't believe how expensive it is ~ everyone wins!

Hi Kasson,

Ordered! This is good way to get surround from outside of the UK!

Today I had to go to the Royal Mail Sorting Office to collect my Firegarden discs and pay £3.25 ($4.10) import duty & £8.00 ($10.08) tax handling fees, so £11.25 ($14.18) on an album that cost $20/£15.87 - so its actually cost $34.18/£27.12. Which if all the additional money had all gone to the musicians I would have been happy.

Cheers

Duncan

I can't tell you how happy I am to find a solution that gets around shipping outside the US. Between the cost on my end to ship, and the cost on your end for tariffs/tax/duty, I can't believe how expensive it is ~ everyone wins!
kasson, you might want to give Burning Shed a try, that worked good for They Might Be Owls as well.

Hello all

hope this note finds you all well and prospering! Thanks to all who have picked up the digital quad release of Arcadian and are (hopefully) enjoying it!
I've created a new location to find my Quad releases and am hoping to add new material there in the next few months (more Symbion music and even some other bands that I've contacted about doing surround mixes for)!
Here's that link: https://quadaudio.bandcamp.com/

So I've got another test to run by this group for those that might have a spare moment.
I'm looking for ways around the DVD/CD manufacturing process (and the subsequent exorbitant shipping costs, VAT, etc) and I'm wondering if a solution like this would work for the surround enthusiasts who dont have playback systems that can support digital (4 chan wav or 5.1FLAC) files and still need to play back from CD or DVD.

If delivered (though digital download) DTS encoded files for the songs (both in 44.1KHz .wav for CD, and 48KHZ .cpt for DVD) would it be possible to then burn these files onto either a CD or DVD and have your systems recognize and play them back?

Here's a link to a song encoded in DTS in both those formats. Anyone out there might want to download and try burning a DVD and/or CD to see if this works?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gat9bhxbu7fvnka/SymbionProject_Arcadian_Quad_DTS%20TEST.zip?dl=0

My hope is that this works and that most people still have access to CD/DVD burning capabilities and this'd be another way to get around physical discs.
thanks again for all your support and help!

Kasson

Hello all

hope this note finds you all well and prospering! Thanks to all who have picked up the digital quad release of Arcadian and are (hopefully) enjoying it!
I've created a new location to find my Quad releases and am hoping to add new material there in the next few months (more Symbion music and even some other bands that I've contacted about doing surround mixes for)!
Here's that link: https://quadaudio.bandcamp.com/

So I've got another test to run by this group for those that might have a spare moment.
I'm looking for ways around the DVD/CD manufacturing process (and the subsequent exorbitant shipping costs, VAT, etc) and I'm wondering if a solution like this would work for the surround enthusiasts who dont have playback systems that can support digital (4 chan wav or 5.1FLAC) files and still need to play back from CD or DVD.

If delivered (though digital download) DTS encoded files for the songs (both in 44.1KHz .wav for CD, and 48KHZ .cpt for DVD) would it be possible to then burn these files onto either a CD or DVD and have your systems recognize and play them back?

Here's a link to a song encoded in DTS in both those formats. Anyone out there might want to download and try burning a DVD and/or CD to see if this works?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gat9bhxbu7fvnka/SymbionProject_Arcadian_Quad_DTS%20TEST.zip?dl=0

My hope is that this works and that most people still have access to CD/DVD burning capabilities and this'd be another way to get around physical discs.
thanks again for all your support and help!

Kasson

To the best of my knowledge, if you burn DTS-encoded WAVs to a CD with a normal burning program (no special settings or anything), it will be played back as a DTS CD in a disc player. It'll be the same format as the DTS CDs from the late 90s (Brand New Day, End of the Innocence, On Air, etc.). So I'm almost certain it would work.

Wish I could test it for ya, but I've stopped using discs (though I still collect them) a while back and no longer have a disc player hooked up to my surround system.

Yeah, I've thought about this as well... making it even easier as the single ISO would be good to go.
Sounds like creating an ISO for the CD version would be straightforward, merely adding the DTS-wavs and burning as a data disc.
However, with the DVD, can I just add the .CPT DTS files and burn as a data DVD or does it need more elaborate formatting with info on menu, art, selection options etc.?
As a Mac person, I also might run into issues creating an ISO for PC-based people. I'd probably have better luck creating the ISO on a PC.

thanks for the help!

Offering a dvd iso image might be an option too. People can burn that to a dvd disc woith IMGBurn and they are ready.

Love the initiative of Quadaudio :) Hopefully a lot of bands want to have their music mixed into surround by you.

Cool, thanks for the insight! My hope is that ultimately everyone will be able to move in this direction and make the creation/distribution of digital surround audio the default method :)

To the best of my knowledge, if you burn DTS-encoded WAVs to a CD with a normal burning program (no special settings or anything), it will be played back as a DTS CD in a disc player. It'll be the same format as the DTS CDs from the late 90s (Brand New Day, End of the Innocence, On Air, etc.). So I'm almost certain it would work.

Wish I could test it for ya, but I've stopped using discs (though I still collect them) a while back and no longer have a disc player hooked up to my surround system.

If the files are DTSwav then yes. I've done this aq\ few times with IMGburn.

Yes, I can understand your pain. The fact that international shipping is so much money now is quite intolerable.
That is why I've been hoping to get around it by offering digital downloads (4-chan wav or 5.1FLAC) but not many people have gotten systems that can play this back.
I've been working on creating ISO's of the surround DVD's as a possible option where you'd purchase a digital download ISO and then burn it to your own DVD for playback.
I'm close to being able to offer this for the Arcadian album and then hopefully the Misery in Soliloquy release as well.

Sorry this didn't work out!

cheers, Kasson

Shit, I put it in my basket, 10 $

Later at paypal +13,50$ Shipping to Germany

NO, thats too much,

not with me.

:(

For those who are interested and require DVD playback for surround... I now offer a downloadable ISO option for the ARCADIAN album release!
By purchasing the ISO you'll be able to download the file (3gig) and burn to your own DVD for your systems (additionally VLC player will also load/play this ISO).
On the DVD you'll have 2 options:
1. DVD-A for 5.1 playback on those systems
2. DVD-V for playback on DVD systems with the option to choose between Dolby Digital and DTS

Hopefully this will might be suitable option for those that require DVD playback, but dont want to take on the huge shipping/tax payments associated with the physical-shipped media!

Here's a handy link to find both Arcadian and Misery in Soliloquy:
https://quadaudio.bandcamp.com/

Hi all, I've just released a new quad album! Here are details from the post I just made in the swap meet forum...

Hello fellow quad-heads... I'm excited to announce that I've a new quad album available, in addition to my previous releases of "Arcadian" (2016) and "Misery in Soliloquy" (2009).
You can find all 3 albums and quad bundle here: https://quadaudio.bandcamp.com/

The new album is a 10th anniversary release of my 2007 album "Wound Up by God or the Devil." This album is a "Classical Synthesizer" album in the spirit of composers like Vangelis, Wendy Carlos, Philip Glass, and Jean-Michel Jarre.
There are no drums or singing, just the purity of analog synthesizer music. This album was inspired by soundtracks such as Bladerunner, A Clockwork Orange, Chariots of Fire, and Koyaanisqatsi.

Like my 2 previous releases, this is also in quad surround version (4.0) & remastered 24bit hi-def stereo!
It comes as a digital download with 2 options to choose from: 4-Channel WAV or 5.1FLAC (soon I'll have a DVD ISO option for download that you can burn to a DVD-R and use in your surround playback system if you're not able to use digital audio files). Both "Misery in Soliloquy" and "Arcadian" are in 4-Chan WAV or 5.1FLAC as well as a downloadable DVD-A/V ISO for Arcadian, and Misery is available in physical DVD format but shipping internationally is quite expensive.
You will also receive a download link to the newly remastered 24bit stereo audio files as well!

The quad versions of all my albums are $15usd.
There are 2 cheaper options to get this album. Purchase a "Quad Bundle" which gets you all 3 of my quad surround albums for $33.33usd, or if you've already purchased either Misery in Soliloquy on DVD/digital or Arcadian in quad format, email me your receipt and I'll send you a discount code to purchase Wound Up for $10usd.

Thanks for all your support for previous albums and I hope to continue creating and releasing albums in surround!
You can also preview these album via Spotify if that's your thing: https://open.spotify.com/artist/0qWdr3mxtmV6cf4YtlHcMI

cheers, Kasson
www.symbionproject.com

Back