Talk Talk as a DVD-Audio coming soon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0tto

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
EMI is issuing two albums previously being printed on SACD.
this print will be offered as a set of vynil + DVD-Audio(?) as 96/24
and can be ordered at $35 per set, which isn't bad, comparing
to grey market prices for OOP SACDs.
for those who missed it before, good chance to aquire those albums now

Spirit Of Eden
http://www.importcds.com/Music/2376120/Talk-Talk-Spirit-Of-Eden-(Incl.-Bonus-Dvd-Audio)-Vinyl

Colour Of Spring
http://www.importcds.com/Music/2376122/Talk-Talk-Colour-Of-Spring-(Incl.-Bonus-Dvd-Audio)-Vinyl

Well that's certainly good news.
Even though the vinyl may be redundant for many of us, at least the package price isn't crazy.

I'd be jumping all over these if I didn't already have the SACD's.

Spirit of Eden is tempting......If they had surround I'd already have placed an order..

I have The Colour of Spring.....on Sacd & Vinyl.

I really like both of those albums.....

Now that is fair pricing considering it's a bo* ( dirty word).
After the DSOTM fiasco I went through for one disc,
This isn't bad.

obviously quite fair, somewhere about 17 bucks per piece.
albums as 96/24 download from HD-Tracks cost the same or often even more.
here is physical medium with package and all artworks.
i also have both albums on SACD but in this case pretty much wondering which
re-master they have used? on SACDs were mentioned two re-masters, first one
PCM 1997 and second DSD 2003

I have both SACDs and the vinyls of the first 4 TT albums.

As I stated before with the Warner Japan SACDs...
I have them on DVD-A so why buy the SACD but for those who can't afford
to pay silly money for the DVD-A nowadays then the SACDs for a $30-40 US are so cool.

It's nice to see them at least put out a legitimate HiRes version no matter what.
I have the SACDs so I more than likely won't get these but if you don't have the SACDs already, then why spend the money,
unless of course, they add a bunch of bonuses.
You can't beat it on a DVD 96/24 for the price, especially since the SACDs are going for 150 and up.
And they're stereo only so if the DVD-As are stereo only (dammit!) why not?

obviously quite fair, somewhere about 17 bucks per piece.
albums as 96/24 download from HD-Tracks cost the same or often even more.
i also have both albums on SACD but in this case pretty much wondering which
re-master they have used? on SACDs were mentioned two re-masters, first one
PCM 1997 and second DSD 2003

I've got to have it! touchy feely, liner notes etc...
Frank zappa

just in case someone consider to buy, amazon canada, as of april 06 2012, has it pretty cheap

$22.35 Spirit Of Eden (LP + 96/24 ADVD)
http://www.amazon.ca/Spirit-Of-Eden...=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1333736771&sr=1-2

$21.65 Colour Of Spring (LP + 96/24 ADVD)
http://www.amazon.ca/The-Colour-Of-...=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1333736771&sr=1-4

amazon US sells it cacordingly:

Spirit of Eden by Talk Talk (Vinyl - Apr 10, 2012) - Import
Buy new: $42.61

Colour of Spring by Talk Talk (Vinyl - Apr 10, 2012) - Import
Buy new: $42.61

My amazon.UK order says "Shipping Soon" for both titles. I see the price has gone up about 3GBP since I ordered, so I'm getting them cheaper.

My Burning Shed order shipped a day ago :) I'm curious to see if this will make the high cost of the SACD versions go down dramatically??

Are you sure? The Shop EMI Canada site gives this description:
"together with a DVD featuring the album delivered as a 96kHz/24 bit LPCM stereo mix."
http://www.shopemi.com/album_page.asp?upc_id=5099932778717

he is right. DVD-Audio stands for physical medium with particular content in AUDIO_TS folder and with
possible extras in VIDEO_TS directory, which make such DVDA as an universal audio/video disc.
in this case most likely AUDIO_TS folder is empty and HiRes stereo stream was placed in VIDEO_TS,
which make such disc acceptable for any and all DVD/BD players, thus technically speaking, such disc cannot
be marked as DVD-Audio but Audio only DVD (ADVD) which means that this is regular DVD but with audio only.

he is right. DVD-Audio stands for physical medium with particular content in AUDIO_TS folder and with
possible extras in VIDEO_TS directory, which make such DVDA as an universal audio/video disc.
in this case most likely AUDIO_TS folder is empty and HiRes stereo stream was placed in VIDEO_TS,
which make such disc acceptable for any and all DVD/BD players, thus technically speaking, such disc cannot
be marked as DVD-Audio but Audio only DVD (ADVD) which means that this is regular DVD but with audio only.
Okay, makes sense. But is the audio signal the same as what would be found in the AUDIO_TS folder?

Okay, makes sense. But is the audio signal the same as what would be found in the AUDIO_TS folder?

of course. PCM with 96KHz/24bit parameter would be 96KHz/24bit in any directory.
the only reason to place such HiRes stereo in AUDIO_TS if there arise concern about
size of volume data. in such circumstances, the packing the audio into MLP (PPCM)
will save about 20-40% of the size of original source audio.

Back