Talk Talk as a DVD-Audio coming soon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhmmm, I had to try this and surprise! I listened to the album in the DVD-A and found it a bit harsh sounding and not too defined. I did some research and found it was digitally recorded and probably upsampled to 96/24 for the DVD. I assumed the same master was used to press the record and hopelessly played the vinyl. And bingo! It sounds much better than the digital version. Did anyone else make the comparison?

Uhmmm, I had to try this and surprise! I listened to the album in the DVD-A and found it a bit harsh sounding and not too defined. I did some research and found it was digitally recorded and probably upsampled to 96/24 for the DVD. I assumed the same master was used to press the record and hopelessly played the vinyl. And bingo! It sounds much better than the digital version. Did anyone else make the comparison?

Notwithstanding the fact that different kit is involved in playback, I think I prefer the vinyl as well when I'm listening to TCOS or TSOE at home. But when I'm on the go, rips of the DVD-As are the way to go :)

I believe The Colour of Spring has analogue masters and the mix of Spirit of Eden has digital (not all of the recording was though, or was it both, or originally analogue then mixed/edited to digital??). FWIW I prefer an 80s UK vinyl press of Colour of Spring to the new one. The new one sounds a bit subdued to me in comparison.

Just found out in Twitter some minutes ago: Mark Hollis passed away. I listened twice today to Rustin Man's new album and was thinking how good a Talk Talk reunion would be. What a loss. Terrific musician and front man
I was listening to the new Rustin Man album on Friday and thinking the same. Of bands from that time Talk Talk were No.1 on my list, I have all the albums on CD. They were good live. I didn't buy the Colour Of Spring SACD as just stereo :( and sad to hear of Mark Hollis' passing RIP.

I've still not seen any official confirmation of this. NME article still said it was "reported" when I looked this morning. The original source on Twitter claims to be his cousin in law and it's a long active account with many tweets. Sadly it doesn't appear to be a hoax, but as far as I can see still no official publicist confirmation.

Very sad indeed.
While I absolutely loved the album It’s My Life, I could never warm to Colour or Spirit but I could recognize how skillfully created those albums where. Played the self-titled single and the Life album in tribute last night.

Back