Technics SA-8500X Quad Reciever

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tag

I bought a Technics Reciever Model SA-8500X off of EBay several months ago & it don’t work it look’s in Mint Condition. The FM Radio work’s for 2 Seconds & then goes off. I have the Service Manual for it. The 4 Fuses in Back are good. Any ideas on what could be wrong with it?

I have a similar problem with mine. No sound from tuner, but I can hear it very faintly if I turn the volume up high. All other inputs work correctly.

I’ve checked my Reciever out again & the FM light stays lit for app 2 Seconds & the Music stay’s on for app 2 Seconds. I took cover off Reciever & it is as clean as everything inside. I turned the Volume all way up & NO Sound at all after 2 Seconds. It look’s like it was barely used & just sat in an Closet for year’s. So where would you start at? There is NO Vintage repair shop locally here.

Does it work on AM/MW? If you play an SQ/QS record does it work/decode on all four channels? If so its just the FM Receiver which is faulty.

Unless you have some test equipment, soldering iron etc. and electronics knowledge its not something you can fix easily.

DuncanS is right. It is not an easy fix if the OP doesn't have the skill. Just get a used stand-alone tuner and connect it to one of the line inputs. Someone with OCD would hate this solution, but it is likely the most cost-effective fix. That is what I did when the FM section of my Sansui QRX-7001 failed. It was fixed when I had the receiver recapped, and I sold the extra tuner for thirty bucks.

I checked this Technics SA-8500X & the FM Light & the (4-Channel) lights don’t light up at all. I have another Technics Reciever here that I wanted for Part’s only on the SA-8100X. Can a person just remove the complete Circuit Board Assembly?

I was wondering where I could Buy a Technics Model RS-745U which is a 4-Channel Quad Reel to Reel made App 1973-1975. It has black feather touch controls with the whole being in Stainless Steel & Use’s (7” Reel’s) and the Power Cord & RCA Cords all plug into bottom Left Side Courner. The Tape Unit is mounted into a Walnut Stained Wooden Box. I will pay to Dollar for a mint model.

I know it was introduced into the US Market only.

Ronald

I would suggest not to keep buying ancient bits of kit if you don't have the means to repair it. One thing that's absolutely guaranteed - IT WILL GO WRONG (even if it isn't bust when you buy it!)

I just bought a Technics Model Number SA-8500X Reciever 4-Channel Quad. It is in 100%
Mint condition but the Station pointer needle bulb is burnt out. Where can i locate (3) bulbs? It look’s like Grain of Wheat bulb. I paid $550.00 for it off of EBay & won’t throw it out.

There's no reason to throw it out because of a bad bulb. You probably have to pull it out and match it up with one. I find alot of bulbs on eBay and there is one electronics store somewhat near me that has many bulbs. Maybe there's not near you. If you can't find one, you will just have to live without it until one pops up for sale. I've waited for many months looking for parts for items that are 40+ years old. And some I'm still waiting for. As far as your tuner problem, I would look for a working replacement tuner board. I'm still having a problem with my 8500, and nobody has chimed in to help...😟 Most things I can fix, but I'm stumped...

Back