Ten Years After - A space in Time (2012 4.1 Release!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic! I have an SQ and Q8. Musically, it's their best album. It's an extremely aggressive Quad mix with some very trippy sound effects in between tracks, some of which swirl around you. An essential Quad release.

If you don't have it, that's why you need it. - Yogi Berra

EMI at it again with their strange format trial LP and DVD or CD only

http://www.spincds.com/blog/2012/08/03/ten-years-after-a-space-in-time-cd-lpdvda/

Looks like teh usual DTS QUAD and Flat Transfer LPCM.

was the Quad any Good

Wow. This is spectacular news! It will be interesting to hear how this compares with the Mike Robin reel.

This is a CLASSIC Columbia quad mix, pure demo material. It's also the title that got SH mad at me over at the SHF forum because I mentioned that this title was made for surround, and when he did his gold disc, he deleted all of my comments about the surround. I've never been back there.

Anyway, I wonder how this got scheduled? Is this the start of something new for surround music, or just a one-zy?

Very surprised to see this release! Too bad it's only DTS/DD, however will get it, despite having it converted myself a couple of time from Q8, one from SQ and currently enjoying the MRR.
Rusinurbe, think that everyone here can recommend this title as one of the true smokin' quad mix ever.

Wow !!!!:spot

I'm in.....! Its such a fun mix.... one of my favourite quad mixes...

maybe we should begin to lobbying for full DVDA?
this album really was done in quad very well.
hey wavelength, where those your contact from EMI and email address, we have used for "Aqualung"?
also maybe Neil can offer them good deal for the DVDA authoring.

This is indeed good news. I just hope in the future if they do more surround titles that they get around to more of those unreleased titles sitting on the shelf somewhere. Add yes dvd audio too.
Phil.

Sweet! Now THIS is a title that gets me excited. Finally!! I really hope it sells well so they dig up more from the vaults!

The LP could be the SQ quad as well.
One never knows.
I already have the SQ quad but a nice 180 Gram SQ wouldn't hurt.
Otherwise it's a waste.
Well, you do get that nice big picture. I don't have anything that plays vinyl. Had a Lirpa once but it ran off with a mouse.

Last edited:
first thought was to place pre-order. but then i saw the price and quickly changed my thought.
don't need a vynil (already do have SQ), the price tag, $41 after tax (that's amazon ca. amazon com
shamelessly ask $60), is too high for single DVD, particularly with absence of advanced surround.
such stupid marketing policies. at least if those idiots for some mysterious reasons don't want to go
HiRez route, they could print stand alone version of ADVD like previously were done with BJHarvest.
enough is enough, i already dropped an attempt to support stupidity.

Should be interesting to see the price on amazon.uk when they get around to it. It was cheapest there for the Talk Talk vinyl+DVDs.

Back