The Band “self-titled” album 50th anniversary edition is out in November! (Bob Clearmountain 5.1 Mix!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They keep banging us over the head with "deluxe boxes" to get the 5.1 mix, and I generally fold like a deck of cards and capitulate with a credit card, ready to go.

And to think 'in the old days' I used to pass up quad reels because they were $11-$12. I guess that's what time and age do to you.

PS - Wasn't the original LP on a Capitol rainbow label, or was it a green deal as shown about right out of the gate? I don't remember.

I guess some were rainbows, this was a Capitol Records Club issue (you can tell by the "8"), but they probably used whatever labels they had on hand for the record club. Remember those Buy 1, get 10 free (but then have to take whatever they shipped you each month for a year - at FULL PRICE!!!) o_O

The Band black rainbow label.jpg

I’m always worried about Amazon UK shipping practices to US. I’ve had several that looked like they were abused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A small percentage of people had a problem with apparently defective Blu ray discs on the new Abbey Road. So I ask myself if I want to be dealing with Amazon UK across the pond if one of these Blu Ray products has a problem. Burning Shed is a different story as they replaced the messed up Tull TAAB discs without us even having to ask.

I’m always worried about Amazon UK shipping practices to US. I’ve had several that looked like they were abused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I order from AmazonUK ALL THE TIME, Gene. I recently had a problem with a NO SHOW and was charged and following a 'cyber chat' with their 'online service rep' and the replacement package reached me within the week .... safe and sound [NO pun].

And a lot of their prices can't be beat!

Last edited:
I order from AmazonUK ALL THE TIME, Gene. I recently had a problem with a NO SHOW and was charged and following a 'cyber chat' with their 'online service rep' and the replacement package reached me within the week .... safe and sound [NO pun].

And a lot of their prices can't be beat!
Ralph, Amazon’s customer service can be inconsistent unfortunately- I had a situation a year ago; with an Amazon delivery 🚚 person that left one of my packages at a neighbor’s house. But what’s worse is the excruciatingly painful parley I had with customer service actually trying to get me to go door to door looking for my package! First off, I don’t know all my neighbors and come to find out the neighbor that did get my package decided to keep it. Amazon eventually made it right; but for a $30 order; they sure tried their best to wiggle out of responsibility- so beware!
*Guess ya can’t trust all your neighbors either!

Last edited:
And to think 'in the old days' I used to pass up quad reels because they were $11-$12. I guess that's what time and age do to you.
Time, age, and a re-prioritization of how one chooses to spend disposable income. The trick for me is to stop paying for things that don’t bring joy to my life, so that I don’t feel guilty when I “overspend” on the things (or experiences, really) that I really want, and will go back to, repeatedly.

Looks like a lot of great content. Also, someone mentions in the comments that the Blu-ray includes the Classic Rock documentary - making of the record (not mentioned on track listing).

Hmm ... maybe I won't wait for a price drop.

I tried giving my vinyl from this era (some of it virgin because they are in these anniversary sets) to my great nephew. Despite having a vinyl rig, he won't even consider it.
I’ve unloaded mine in the classifieds at the other forums, gone - sold like hotcakes! Not hard to unload these for me.

Back